Thread: Script Errors on Startup

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Script Errors on Startup

NOF 2015 has been working fine on my Win 10 (64bit) laptop for some years and suddenly, in the last couple of days, every time I start it up, I get two script errors and the normal screen fails to complete, simply the menu at the top and the NOF banner appear, not the links below.

The first message is:
    Line: 169
    Char: 3
    Error: Expected identifier, string or number
    Code: 0
    file:///C:/Users/Public/Documents/NetObjects%20Fusion%202015/Online/js/index.js

and asks whether I wish to continue running scripts on the page. Regardless of whether I say yes or no this second message pops up.

Line: 3
    Char: 3
    Error: 'SharedPath' is undefined
    Code: 0
    file:///C:/Users/Public/Documents/NetObjects%20Fusion%202015/Online/js/update.js

At this point I can use the menu bar to open my web site and seem to be able to work on it ok. When I close the program I get two more similar messages.

I also have NOF15 installed on my desktop tower (also Windows 10 64bit) although do not normally use it so I fired it up and received the same two messages.

I have seen a few comments on line so have tried reinstalling NOF15 and also Java (both 32 and 64 bit) but to no avail. I have also tried running it as an administrator and changing compatibility settings.

Is there a fix for this? I am assuming that a Windows 10 update has caused the problem as it is the only variable I can think of.

Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

last time that happened I had to uninstall Nof, then delete all left behind folders except Local Publish and Templates (3 folder locations, Public Documents, My Documents, Program Files 86)

then make sure Java 32 bit is the latest version

then install Nof15 and then before opening, install update1

Many thanks for your response and advice. After much angst, nail biting and heart stopping moments, it seems to have done the trick. Thanks again for your help.