Thread: Uploading site

Default Uploading site

Been using NOF 15 for some time now. Had to switch hosting providers. Went with Accu Webhosting, shared, Linux SSD option.
    Can't upload using the built in FTP.
    Have to used SFTP instead of just FTP. NOF tries to connect but just won't do it.
    Accu tech support nice enough but of no help at all.

I had to resort to doing "local publish" and then using a FTP program to upload. (NOF instructions for uploading when the server is behind a firewall or is a proxy server). That is going to be a real pain in my backside if I have to do updates that way, especially if I have to make some major changes.

I have never had any issues uploading but this is my first attempt at Secure File Transfer and, like I said, no real help from tech support.

Thanks

I have used local publish and filezilla forever, it is the only logical way and dead simple, especially when you enable sync mode

the Nof publish tool only works with some providers, Filezilla works with all and you are not working blindfolded, you see local content and server content side by side

Yes, I used Filezilla. Can you give me a brief explanation of sync mode?
    Thanks

well, when you enable sync mode on the filezilla toolbar, everything in your local publish folder and remote folder will sync, meaning if you open the html folder on the remote site, the html folder on the local site will automatically open, then you would sort the local html folder by date so the newest is on top, then select all newest and upload

in other words, I often publish locally just the page I changed and not the whole site, so the upload will take a second

the same goes for the assets folder, sort by date and only upload the new ones

Thank you again. That was my biggest fear, not being 100% sure what files might have changed and independently uploading not quite all the bits and pieces when I do a small change and I sure did not want to keep uploading the whole site every time I made a small change.
    I appreciate your help.

You can use this YO WhatsApp to make your official WhatsApp use even more better with its extend features and functions.