Thread: Forgot how to crate and/or modify a footer

Default Forgot how to crate and/or modify a footer

Hi guys...

I'm thinking that my previous post on this topic "didn't take."

I have created a footer long ago and somehow it is now broken.... The text blocks do not appear in the footer...

Can anybody please point me to a place where I can get some help putting stuff back into the footer?

Thanks in advance,

Mike Gorman

Well, sorry about that... Clearly the earlier post magically appeared... ahem...

Let me add to what I said... I have found the Main Layout, and clearly all the items are on that layout. So, how can I get just a bottom few to appear every page as a footer...

I did a local publish and the items are not present when I look at the generated pages. Now, if I upload the site for real, will the footer items magically appear? Or do I have to do something else.

Regards,
    Mike Gorman

you put the footer items in the bottom masterborder, so make sure you use the default masterborder and not the zero margin one

if your bottom masterborder is not visible, enter a value larger than 0
    https://www.videoproductions.com.au/...sterborder.png

AntonVideo:

Thanks so much for your reply... I inherited this site from my son who created it about 1,000 years ago (Wiscorp.com). I provided him content and he built it... After a while got a "real" job in 2006 and that's how I inherited the site. I have been limping on with it for the past 14 years by adding content, some on the MainLayout page and others as pages that are pointed from Main Layout items.

Thanks to your pointer, I have now found the Master Boarder Properties. It is within the Main Object.

In the Main object there two objects. First is Wisweb. It is the Master Boarders Object because it says that on the top of its property panel. Of interest is that its margins are Left = 0, Right = 13 and Top = 114 and Bottom = 0. I am presuming that the Bottom = 0 means "after all the stuff that's on content page..." The items within WisWeb are clearly bottom boarder stuff.

The second object contained within Main is Main Layout.

When I click into Main Layout, I see "items" that I believe should be in the bottom boarder stuff.

Should I then "move" items from the Main Layout object up into the Wisweb object?

I guess that is now my question...

I want to thank you very much for providing me the way to start understanding and solving my problem.

Let me change my answer above... What is in the WisWeb object are the individual page Header items..

There are zero of what would be my Footer Items. These footer items are clearly items within the Main Layout...

So, I guess my re-reformed question is how to I get a footer constructed that shows on every page that always comes AFTER all the content for a particular page.

Thanks for you indulgence...

Regards,
    Mike Gorman

Anton's reply is the clear answer....if you still struggle with that get n touch via PM and will assist.

Quote Originally Posted by mmgorman View Post
    Let me change my answer above... What is in the WisWeb object are the individual page Header items..

There are zero of what would be my Footer Items. These footer items are clearly items within the Main Layout...

So, I guess my re-reformed question is how to I get a footer constructed that shows on every page that always comes AFTER all the content for a particular page.

Thanks for you indulgence...

Regards,
    Mike Gorman
    it should be as simple as changing the 0 to a value that is high enough to hold the footer contents such as 100, then place anything you want to appear on every page in that bottom 100px area

Everybody... Just had a very productive private exchange with Richard. He's pictured in his wine cave... Wish I was there, but oh well..

Anyway, Richard pointed me to those Two markers to the left and at the bottom of the Main Frame... If I drag the lower of the two down, that make the area for the footer. I did that and then dragged down into that are the items for the footer. Worked like a miracle... Turns out that when I was saying that items don't copy, I was referring to the items in the Object List... E.g., Text17... The items do drag down just fine.

I then had a problem with the "picture" to the right of the Left Picture (a stylistic W made from sawgrass blades) on the front... That entire picture showed Black... So I wandered around an found the properties for the selected picture and discovered that I had accidently changed the "fill dropper" color to black... Hey, it worked the picture was black... ahem.. So I changed that to White and voila, the picture now appears.

So now I can copy the HTML over to the website, wiscorp.com.

Thank you everybody, and if you ever wanted to buried up to your eyeballs and beyond on "Database" please consult the website... There are tons of papers, etc.

Regards,
    Mike Gorman