Thread: URGENT : Website accessibility requirements

Default URGENT : Website accessibility requirements

I have been tasked with making my local village website compliant with accessibility requirements. Running the Microsoft Accessibility tool throws out hundreds of errors! Many are to do with the colour contrast of links (although I cant see whats what with the colours to be honest - red on white background) and apparent colours must conform to WCAG 1.4.3 contrast rules? ALSO there are errors on every page relating to (a) the lack of a HTML lang=en statement (b) the lack of a main HTML5 element (not sure what this is getting at) and several others relating to things that need HTML changes. How on earth do I make my website compliant when I dont appear able to directly amend the underling HTML? Is it not possible to make a NOF 15 website compliant with accessibility requirements?

The short answer to your question is NO. Nobody is updating NoF and work appears to have ceased in 2015. The application will increasingly be non-compliant with all sorts of laws all around the world. The only way to address the issues you've raised above is to manually edit the code, although from your post it appears you don't have the expertise to do this. You could always hire a web developer, of course. To be honest, now would be a good time to re-do your web site in an up-to-date application. I've tried them all pretty much, and I've redone mine in Nicepage, which is as easy to use as NoF was, generates responsive, compliant sites and is actively updated - 4 updates so far this year. It also generates plug-ins for Joomla and Wordpress, as well as html web sites, so if you wanted to go the CMS route you can still have a custom designed front end. And if, like me, you simply want a static html site, nicepages does this in spades. www.nicepage.com

I agree with franko. Personally I've moved to Quick 'n Easy Web Builder, which is 'quickish and not too difficult' once you've learned to use it, also does responsive sites, and on its 6th update so far this year.
    Last edited by Max; 07-10-2020 at 02:21 AM.

I simply stumbled upon this thread and desired to say that I possess really enjoyed browsing the answers you got here. Keep doing your great job and always gain my support. Cheers for sharing this informative thread. And if ever you are into pc games, let's play together some time, just visit gacha life old version en pc