Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting "Parameter Is Incorrect" pop-up error when opening Assets view

Default Getting "Parameter Is Incorrect" pop-up error when opening Assets view

Hello,

I am running NOF 2015. When I go to site view and click on "Assets" view, I'm getting a "Parameter is incorrect" pop-up message and the Assets list doesn't load. Then If I click on another option such as page view .. the site crashes.

I located several posts online regarding this error and it seems that this is caused by a corrupted file and recommends I run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe). Before I take the plunge and run this tool, has anyone else run into this problem?

I haven't updated Windows 10 since July 2020 and the System file checker tool (from what I read) uses windows update to locate the file to replace the one that is corrupted. I'm reluctant to update windows because I have over a dozen client websites I maintain, and can't afford to take a chance and corrupt my system, especially since my NOF software is already 5 years old.

Thank you in advance for any advise you can offer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TheParameterIsIncorrect.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	2887  

that won't be the issue

I would make sure java 32 bit is installed, if no, install it and test, and if is installed, I would uninstall Nof 15 and then reinstall and apply update1

Hi Anton,

Thank you so much for getting back to me! I do have java 32 bit running on my machine, under Program Files (x86) \ Java \ java version 1.8.0221

I was going to save the site as a backup template, but I couldn't verify the Assets.

So, if I uninstall NOF 15 without first backing up my sites first, could I possibly lose those sites?

no, uninstalling and re-installing Nof + the update1 does not touch the user sites folder at all

I have done it many times when something no longer works right. But you can always copy the user sites folder to another drive as backup

Ok .. Thanks for your help Anton!

Anton ... I tried opening another different website in NOF 15 and clicked on Assets view and it listed all the Assets. So I assume it's probably not going to help if I uninstall and re-install NOF. It's happening with just the one site.

When I click the Assets view on the "affected" site, I get the "Parameter is incorrect" pop-up message. Then when I exit the site without saving ... and then re-load the site .. I get the NetObjects 2015 has detected an unstable file and will now recover your site..." pop-up.

Any other ideas what this could be?
    Last edited by Gutsy; 01-15-2021 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsy View Post
    Anton ... I tried opening another different website in NOF 15 and clicked on Assets view and it listed all the Assets. So I assume it's probably not going to help if I uninstall and re-install NOF. It's happening with just the one site.

When I click the Assets view on the "affected" site, I get the "Parameter is incorrect" pop-up message. Then when I exit the site without saving ... and then re-load the site .. I get the NetObjects 2015 has detected an unstable file and will now recover your site..." pop-up.

Any other ideas what this could be?
    in that case, go to site view and choose tools, re-optimize

then see if assets view works again

Anton .. I forgot to mention that I optimized the site twice and the Assets view still won't load.

you may have a corrupt masterborder

in site view, apply a new masterborder to all pages in one hit and see if it works then after restarting Nof

if not, re-apply the original masterborder

and if that fails:
    in site view, export site as template and ignore any missing asset warnings
    then start a new site from that template
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 01-19-2021 at 08:56 AM.

Hi Anton,

Thanks again for getting back to me!

I went to site view and applied a new master boarder:

Clicked "Edit" - "Select section" - Change "value" to "New Master Border" - Click "Set on All" - A pop-up appears "Some advanced styles will not display properly..." (attached) ... If I click "YES" the site view freezes and then when I click on the background of site view, gray background rectangular boxes appear each time the background is clicked. When I select the home page from site view the site crashes. It recovered the site and then I tried to change the home page in "page view" to a new master boarder and I get the same error message pop-up and that screws up the page ...each time I was able to get the site back to normal by exiting out without saving.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StylesWontDisplayProperly.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	2889

I tried exporting the site as a template, however I couldn't ignore the missing files because there is no option to ignore them, just a "Close" button (see attached pop-ups). After clicking on the "Close" button, I get the message "Failed to save template". This list had two additional files that I located and added to the site assets and they are no longer on the list. So that worked, but I cannot locate the remaining 4 files listed on missing files list pop-up, because the pop-up is not wide enough to see the entire file names, and I cannot copy/paste each list .. frustrating.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ExportMissingFilesPopUp.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	2890Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FailedToSaveTemplate.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	2891

Again, I really appreciate your help on this. Any other thoughts?