Thread: Again, the United States are negotiating an American passport checkpoint at Schiphol

Default Again, the United States are negotiating an American passport checkpoint at Schiphol

Border agent Marechaussee passport checks at Schiphol airport (photo: Marechaussee). At the border, Marechaussee checks the passport at Schiphol Airport
    (photo: Marechaussee)

The Netherlands has resumed talks with the United States about opening an American passport checkpoint at Schiphol airport, a spokesman for the Ministry of Justice and Security confirmed to NOS TV.

Initial negotiations on the issue were halted by the previous Dutch government after President Donald Trump banned people from several Muslim countries from entering the United States: "Measures are now being taken that we do not agree with, and we have pressed the pause button," Justice Secretary Claes Deyhoff said at the time.

Those talks resumed in June, a spokesperson for NOS confirmed after the broadcaster asked about it. Currently, the negotiations are taking place at the official level. Politicians will be involved as soon as a "formal agreement" is reached, the spokesman said. It is not yet clear when this will happen.

Having US passport control with US customs officers in Schiphol will mean that people flying from Amsterdam to the United States will not have to check their passports again at US airports. Prime Minister Mark Rutte has previously said that such a checkpoint at Amsterdam airport would be useful for the Dutch economy, according to NOS.

I is would be great, i alwY seem to land in ny when 4-5 other international flight all arrive together making passport control a nightmare

Creation of passports for students is often the most problematic. When my friend and I were students, we also had a lot of problems in order to get ourselves a passport, and we even turned to the passport office and asked the workers about the passport. And one wonderful day, I understood that the head of the office was tired of us going there and he said that it was for us that he hired a team and created the site https://passportinfoguide.com/passport-offices/. We were greatly surprised because this site contains all the information about the passport, the laws associated with it, and even advice on how not to make mistakes in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobButlerqiVA View Post
    Creation of passports for students is often the most problematic. When my friend and I were students, we also had a lot of problems in order to get ourselves a passport, and we even turned to the passport office and asked the workers about the passport. And one wonderful day, I understood that the head of the office was tired of us going there and he said that it was for us that he hired a team and created the site https://passportinfoguide.com/passport-offices/. We were greatly surprised because this site contains all the information about the passport, the laws associated with it, and even advice on how not to make mistakes in this area.
    I wish someone else could send me his opinion

Why didn’t anyone tell me about this some months ago?!