Thread: Local Publish produces small file

Default Local Publish produces small file

This problem arose between June 8 and June 11, 2021. I have been trying to fix it since with no success. As far as I can tell nothing in NoF 15 has changed and nothing on my PC has been changed. Here's the problem:

When I local publish a page of my website, the file shows a much smaller file size in Filezilla than the last time I published it. For example, after publishing a file that was 10.7KB on the website, it becomes 707 Bytes in my local publish directory (also in Filezilla). When I upload the file to the website and view it (in Firefox, Opera, Edge, or Chrome), the link to it doesn't work. I get an error page that says 404 error "Oops! Looks like the page is lost."

I'm working on a Win10 desktop (HP with 12MB memory and a 1 TB SSD).

Anybody recognize this problem?
    Last edited by old gray beard; 06-13-2021 at 08:12 PM.

never seen that before

does the page look ok when the browser opens with local publish?

each html page has two files, as small js file and the html file (always upload both)

make sure your win 10 file explorer is set to show extensions
    https://www.videoproductions.com.au/MR/view-options.png

Thanks for your reply, antonsvideo. You have offered three good suggestions. But first, I don't know where to find a js file other than in assets, but there's no page with the same name as the published page. Second, the Local Publish page shows in the browser, but it's severely truncated. More than two-thirds of it is missing. And finally, yes I do have explorer set to show extensions.

if you publish the correct way, html5 or html5 dynamic, you will have a html and js file for each page
    https://www.videoproductions.com.au/NOF15/HTML5.png

any other method is now outdated and now longer supported

Java produces .js files if Java was used to make the site. You don't have to look for it. It should be there if your computer is working which it sounds like it isn't. Either NOF is corrupted or your site files are corrupted or both. Do a test by making a simple 1 page web site and publish. If it works ok then NOF is probably ok. And your files are not ok. Have you done any backups??? If not then you may have to fix your files or remake them. I don't know why very few users ever do back ups. It take seconds to do nothing more than a copy and paste of your site.

Quote Originally Posted by john west View Post
    Java produces .js files if Java was used to make the site. You don't have to look for it. It should be there if your computer is working which it sounds like it isn't. Either NOF is corrupted or your site files are corrupted or both. Do a test by making a simple 1 page web site and publish. If it works ok then NOF is probably ok. And your files are not ok. Have you done any backups??? If not then you may have to fix your files or remake them. I don't know why very few users ever do back ups. It take seconds to do nothing more than a copy and paste of your site.
    when publishing the correct way with HTML5, you will get two files for each page:
    index.html
    index.js
    contact.html
    contact.js
    about.html
    about.js

Problem apparently fixed! I uninstalled and then reinstalled NoF 15. My published files are now normal. I will also try publishing correctly. Thank you for all your great suggestions (especially the one that called out a corrupted NoF).