Thread: Mdf furniture durability

Default Mdf furniture durability

I shop online in search of furniture. I will move out of my parents' house in a few years. I see that most of the available new furniture is made of MDF panels.
    Since MDF does not resist moisture very well, I am wondering how durable an MDF dining table (or coffee table) will be. Could you share your experience with MDF furniture (long-term wear)?

There's a reason it's cheap. It's very easy to mess up.
    With that said, however. You can extend it if you are careful with it. But it's a lot more work than just making something out of real wood.
    You would be better off looking for real furniture in the local used furniture markets if you are looking for things that will last a long time.

It sure isnít very durable. It is cheap for a reason and I found it out the hard way. It is very easy to mess up. You have to be extremely careful with it. From my experience, itís as if you canít relax in your own home. A bookshelf or something like that would definitely work. But a dining table is a bad idea. You have to avoid MDF in this kind of furniture. I hope I can help, there is a website with pretty cheap furniture that I used when I was moving out. The furniture here https://paydaydeals.com.au/collections/trampolines is pretty cheap but the price to quality ratio is much better than most of the alternatives.