Thread: Multiple Ip addresses

Default Multiple Ip addresses

To assist with a migration, I'd like to assign a separate ip address to a couple of vlans, but it looks like I can only do one global ip address?

I'm also looking for a solution, most likely only global...

Hello guys! I recently encountered such a problem when setting a separate IP address for several networks was necessary. Still, after trying to do it myself, I realized that I could not do it without outside help. When I had such a problem, I first went to the admin page through 10.0.0.1. and then I realized that I would figure out what to do. I found a simple instruction in just a few minutes, and it worked out for me because it's easier when everything is explained step by step, especially if this topic will be read later by a person who does not understand it. I wish you good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by TerrySK9 View Post
    To assist with a migration, I'd like to assign a separate ip address to a couple of vlans, but it looks like I can only do one global ip address?
    Configuring multiple IP addresses for one VLAN is the same as configuring multiple IP addresses for one port of a router
    int vlan 1
    ip add 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0
    ip add 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0
    ip add 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0 secondary
    ip add 192.168.3.1 255.255.255.0 secondary
    PS: one vlan can be configured with multiple IP addresses, but one IP address can only be configured with one vlan.