Hello all,

I just purchased my very first jewelry set, and feel pretty stupid about it and need some suggestions. I started with the thought of wanting something cheap that looked nice for an upcoming vacation.

At first I was looking at gold bonded silver, but then as I looked more trying on various chains, I decided I really like it and should just spend the money for something nice that will last a long time.

I found myself at a Banter store in my local mall (probably not my best option but nonetheless) and was set on a reversible (one side is diamond cut) 10K, 7mm, 22inch Miami Cuban Curb chain, with a matching bracelet. The chain is $1725, and the bracelet is $375 after discount.

The lady at the store told me it was a semi solid set, but after getting home and reading the receipts it says it's hollow. Now after doing more research on this it seems there isn't much a difference at all between hollow and semi solid and she took advantage of my ignorance. From what I can tell, I really should have just found a solid chain or nothing at all.

I feel stupid because any other time I'd have put hours and hours of homework into this prior to going to make the purchase to be sure I was equipped with all relavent info. But I was dead set on a cheap piece, and was sure I wouldn't be convinced to buy real gold. I was wrong.

The chain weighs 18 grams, which is definitely light for what it is. The jewelry has a 1 year warranty on any breaks or damage, and covers a full replacement as opposed to repair. They also have a 30 day return policy. I live in Ny and am going to Miami for two weeks, so I'm torn on what to do with it. Is the jewelry not worth it for the price, being as its hollow? Should I keep this until I return from Miami and then just return the jewelry for a full refund, and find something solid? I know gold is expensive now, should I return and wait for it to go back down (will it even go back down?).

I feel kind of scammed now, and don't like that feeling at all. I truly love the style of the chain and the reversible look to it, but don't want to be out of $2500 if it doesn't last.