Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Disable Automatic Image Optimization? HELP PLEASE!

Default How to Disable Automatic Image Optimization? HELP PLEASE!

Is there any way to disable the automatic image optimization. Especially for the Picture Rollover component? Thanks.

Tools>Options>Application

Honestly, do some people even look at the menus?

Thanks for the reply Fugley. I do have the "Auto-generated image output" in Application Options set to "(Not optimized)". However NOF12 still creates an "optimized" bitmap, with the prefix a_..., for the initial image of the picture rollover component. Also, every time I add a bitmap to the layout, it defaults to the "Optimize Setting" of "Best JPEG" of "Best GIF" and I have to reset it manually to "(Not optimized)". In other words, the optimization setting in Tools>Options>Application does not for me. Have you tested it?

This is a known issue.

Doesn't happen with all images... but even one is too many.

Neto has said they're addressing it in the first update to 12.

I have a feeling that isn't far off.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Thanks Chuck. For the time being I'm going back to NOF11. Also, the "Link" and "Hotspot" added to a JPG do not work for me in NOF12. Hope they fix this too if it's an issue.

The transparency issues associated with auto-optimized will be addressed in AU1, in addition we'll add a new feature that allows a global setting for the default optimization setting of new images (including Not Optimized).

In the interim, optimization on individual images can be turned off via the Property Inspector (F3) panel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	not optimized..png 
Views:	1029 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	728  
    Mike
    NetObjects Technical Support
    forums.NetObjects.com

I was wondering why the images in the last three (NOF12!) sites I've worked on weren't quite as sharp as usual......

Now I find that NOF's decided to re-optimise every single one of them, and, just like edgemedia, they've picked up an 'a_' prefix.
    The 'auto-optimise' in Options : Application is turned off....

A general suggestion for Netobjects (probably too late for NOF12!)

Stick with what you're good at.

The program's an HTML generator, not a graphics package, not a GPS system and not a microwave oven.
    If you must add 'sexy' bells and whistles to keep the marketing people happy
    - please make sure that the program defaults to 'vanilla' flavour - and doesn't mess with
    things that used to work just fine.
    (I always do my image editing and optimisation in an Image Editor before going near my web editor
    - and I don't really want NOF12 to mess with perfectly good images - especially if I've told it not to....)

Not wishing to hijack the thread - but what's the news on NNTP access to this newsgroup, and
    any chance of an answer to the question I've been asking for some weeks about why Netobjects
    add a 30% surcharge to purchases of the program in the eurozone ?

Not looking forward to re-editing my last two weeks' work to sort out the images...

Adrian

Default AU1 is too late!

How long would it take until this update addresses all listed issues? I can't use the RollOver Button exactly because there is no way I can turn off automatic picture optimizer at all because transparent pictures are first displayed on a black background on browsers...

By the way, why can't we stll access some essencial features for a button when using RollOver? Since Neto was still NOF, Standard Components are somewhat forgotten to things such as "target" link and other properties.

bjr

Thanks Mike. I immediately get your point. I agree that images can be turned off via the Property Inspector panel.

I am also looking for the same info for my site page (https://gbapps.net/gbwhatsapp-apk/) and thank god I have finally found it here thanks for sharing this info.