Thread: Question about credit card debt and credit score for I-485

Default Question about credit card debt and credit score for I-485

Since the priority date of EB-3 became current, my attorney is gong to file I-140 along with I-485. I will have to mention my credit card debt and credit report.

My Credit Score is 663 (Experian - Fair), and credit card balance is 35,000, auto loan balance is 16,000. Maintaining card and auto loan payments on time and there is no late payment since I started using credit cards (almost 4 years).

Applying for Senior Application Developer, minimum wage for my location determined by the DOL is 78,000, and my current salary is 94,000 (annual).
    My 401(k) account balance is 52,000 in total and a 401k(k) loan has 18,000 balance.
    My Saving + Checking account balance is 15,000.

Question: How do the credit score and debt impact the application? I know that USCIS is currently focusing heavily on debt. Does anyone see any risk about the debt I have now?

I think you really are under risk. Of course it would be better if you had no loan debths when applying for senior application developer. However, It's only my opinion, i can't tell for sure

I think you may be right. They can appreciate you lower for having debt. However, there is a chance it will not ruin your idea. It depends on how you form the document and the company you’re dealing with. I suggest hiring an advisor to help you find the best option and discuss possible risks; I’m not an expert, nor many people on forums. I hired Mortgage Advice Essex when I needed professional advice on loans. Suggest you do the same, and then everything should work out better. Let me know if the comment was helpful!