Thread: How to prepare for winter hunting?

Default How to prepare for winter hunting?

How to prepare for winter hunting?

Proper clothing is absolutely essential. You need to remain warm while waiting but still have enough freedom of movement to handle your bow or gun and track an animal. Layering is the key to staying warm in cold weather hunting. Start with an insulating base layer. Then add long underwear and, if it's really frigid, a wool layer on top of that. Finally, top it all with your camo parka, hat, and insulated coveralls. Be sure to invest in good quality gloves or mittens. Wool mittens with flip-open fingertips are a great choice. These can be covered with a more insulating, thicker glove when you're not shooting. Warm footwear is also essential when cold weather hunting. Liner socks, wool socks and thickly insulated, waterproof boots are a must.

Check your equipment. Here at Tech Optics https://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-weapon-sight you can order a night vision scope for your hunting. This company is 25+ years on the market and is a manufacturer not a distributor, flagship smart thermal and day & night vision optics

I'm quite ok with modern firearms, especially I like AR 10, and I have a custom version, which I assembled myself. Components in specialty stores aren't too hard to find nowadays.

excellent recommendations in my opinion

Hunting in winter is not so easy. Often it is even dangerous. Therefore, it is necessary to prepare well for winter hunting. These article https://www.agmglobalvision.com/nv-a...works-in-storm describe that if you do not prepare well for winter hunting, you can freeze in the forest. What tips can you give me for winter hunting?