Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Layout jumps up & down

D. Peifer

Default Layout jumps up & down

Only after update, any horizontal Flash Nav bar, with dropdown links, in top masterborder, causes the whole layout to fall down the length of the button stack. This is happening in all sites, to my great dismay. I need a fast remedy please! Don't want to tear out all the Flash to return to static Nav. Also, Flash Nav placed in left masterborder will not stay where it was placed - it was always perfect before update, however, as I am using Vista, there has been a lot of crashing and humbug since Vista install.

This page was published AFTER update - notice jumping and left nav bar too.

http://www.sunquest-hawaii.com/Condo.../hkonakai.html

This page has not been republished since the update, (nav correct).

http://www.sunquest-hawaii.com/Condos/condos.html

Thank you for any help, D. Peifer

D. Peifer

Default PS: Re: Layout jumps up & down

I did not realize that was sending in RED, sorry!! dp
    "D. Peifer" <scando@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message news:f1ukde$5rb3@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    Only after update, any horizontal Flash Nav bar, with dropdown links, in top masterborder, causes the whole layout to fall down the length of the button stack. This is happening in all sites, to my great dismay. I need a fast remedy please! Don't want to tear out all the Flash to return to static Nav. Also, Flash Nav placed in left masterborder will not stay where it was placed - it was always perfect before update, however, as I am using Vista, there has been a lot of crashing and humbug since Vista install.

Anton Strauss

Default Re: Re: Layout jumps up & down

could be that the new FlashCtrl.js has not been uploaded

1. do a full local publish and test the site

if okay

2. remote publish the whole site, ideally with 3rd party ftp software, I really get on well with Cute-FTP Pro

if not okay, come back for more advice

--

Anton Strauss
    www.videoproductions.com.au

"D. Peifer" <scando@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message news:f1ul8p$5rb4@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    "D. Peifer" <scando@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message news:f1ukde$5rb3@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .

D. Peifer

Default Re: Layout jumps up & down

I did one full local publish last night after initial upgrade, hoping that would solve my problem, but since you are talking about js, I am still needing to say "yes" to open Fusion in Vista, even though I have opted "run CMD as administrator". So that is baffling.. in other words, I may be having javascript issues system wide. Sometimes I have the js icon in my toolbar and sometimes not, but never without "run CMD as administrator". Thank you Anton for writing. I will try again with the full local publish. Also, I will look for FlashCtrl.js. dp
    "Anton Strauss" <anton@will-not-reply.com> wrote in message news:f1um8s$7cg1@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .

if okay

2. remote publish the whole site, ideally with 3rd party ftp software, I really get on well with Cute-FTP Pro

--

Anton Strauss

"D. Peifer" <scando@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message news:f1ul8p$5rb4@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .

Anton Strauss

what version did you upgrade to? what does it say now in help, about?

--

Anton Strauss

"D. Peifer" <scando@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message news:f1uo83$5rb5@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    I did one full local publish last night after initial upgrade, hoping that would solve my problem, but since you are talking about js, I am still needing to say "yes" to open Fusion in Vista, even though I have opted "run CMD as administrator". So that is baffling.. in other words, I may be having javascript issues system wide. Sometimes I have the js icon in my toolbar and sometimes not, but never without "run CMD as administrator". Thank you Anton for writing. I will try again with the full local publish. Also, I will look for FlashCtrl.js. dp
    "Anton Strauss" <anton@will-not-reply.com> wrote in message news:f1um8s$7cg1@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .

if okay

--

Anton Strauss

D. Peifer

The newest release for 10, in help, the version is 10.0 and ends in 5016. Actually now has help files working with Vista! A very nice thing. I have just replaced all of the FlashCtrl.js files with the latest one dated from Apr/07, the existing one was from Nov/06, but there was another file in that folder that is not updated, so there is no change yet. I am going to run the upgrade one more time and see if possibly that might help, I think it cannot hurt!! Meanwhile, I am listening! dp
    "Anton Strauss" <anton@will-not-reply.com> wrote in message news:f1uqmg$5rb6@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .

--

Anton Strauss

"D. Peifer" <scando@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message news:f1uo83$5rb5@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .

if okay

--

Anton Strauss

Anton Strauss

5016 is the correct latest version

I have not tried Vista at this stage, but I don't think that is the problem

Do you see any red warning icons in page view? indicating overlapping items?

also, delete the preview folder and local publish folder using WinExplorer, then do another full local publish to test

--

Anton Strauss

"D. Peifer" <scando@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message news:f1urpb$8cc1@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    The newest release for 10, in help, the version is 10.0 and ends in 5016. Actually now has help files working with Vista! A very nice thing. I have just replaced all of the FlashCtrl.js files with the latest one dated from Apr/07, the existing one was from Nov/06, but there was another file in that folder that is not updated, so there is no change yet. I am going to run the upgrade one more time and see if possibly that might help, I think it cannot hurt!! Meanwhile, I am listening! dp
    "Anton Strauss" <anton@will-not-reply.com> wrote in message news:f1uqmg$5rb6@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .

--

Anton Strauss

if okay

--

Anton Strauss

Anton Strauss

also, looking at your source, it appears that some action is used, this will force a fixt html output and can cause the problems in your case

can you try disabling the action and make sure html output is dynamic

--

Anton Strauss

"Anton Strauss" <anton@will-not-reply.com> wrote in message news:f1ut93$8cc2@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .

also, delete the preview folder and local publish folder using WinExplorer, then do another full local publish to test

--

Anton Strauss

"D. Peifer" <scando@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message news:f1urpb$8cc1@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .

--

Anton Strauss

if okay

--

Anton Strauss

D. Peifer

Yes, recently, I had to use that to enable "play" of wmv that someone else had built - they built a forever loop into the movies that is not desirable. So in order to control the movie I added an action. Otherwise, I don't think I use actions on the site. I have put in about 3, maybe 4 of the wmv's, there are about 15 total. Surprisingly, before the upgrade, the 2 or 3 that were up worked with the nav just fine... the one I put in after the upgrade, well, you know the rest. I will try your suggestion! I will try most anything at this point, before I tear out the navigation and put in something else! Mahalo, dp
    "Anton Strauss" <anton@will-not-reply.com> wrote in message news:f1utnj$8cc3@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    also, looking at your source, it appears that some action is used, this will force a fixt html output and can cause the problems in your case

can you try disabling the action and make sure html output is dynamic

--

Anton Strauss

"Anton Strauss" <anton@will-not-reply.com> wrote in message news:f1ut93$8cc2@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .

--

Anton Strauss

--

Anton Strauss

if okay

--

Anton Strauss

John

> Only after update, any horizontal Flash Nav bar, with dropdown links,
    > in top masterborder, causes the whole layout to fall down the length of
    > the button stack.

This is a known reported bug. I think your choices are, revert to an earlier
    version, wait for a fix, change to non-flash navigation, or remove the
    flyouts.

--
    John