Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Layout jumps up & down

D. Peifer

Default Re: Layout jumps up & down

Nothing is helping, I have tried all suggestions, plus everything I can think of - at this point, looks like the only thing left to do is yank the Flash Nav altogether and go backwards. I do really like the Flash though and am very reluctant to let it go, it was working fine since Jan/07. Such is life! Thanks Anton for your help... I looked through your site(s), there is some very nice work there! dp
    "Anton Strauss" <anton@will-not-reply.com> wrote in message news:f1utnj$8cc3@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    also, looking at your source, it appears that some action is used, this will force a fixt html output and can cause the problems in your case

can you try disabling the action and make sure html output is dynamic

--

Anton Strauss
    www.videoproductions.com.au

"Anton Strauss" <anton@will-not-reply.com> wrote in message news:f1ut93$8cc2@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    5016 is the correct latest version

I have not tried Vista at this stage, but I don't think that is the problem

Do you see any red warning icons in page view? indicating overlapping items?

also, delete the preview folder and local publish folder using WinExplorer, then do another full local publish to test

--

Anton Strauss

"D. Peifer" <scando@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message news:f1urpb$8cc1@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    The newest release for 10, in help, the version is 10.0 and ends in 5016. Actually now has help files working with Vista! A very nice thing. I have just replaced all of the FlashCtrl.js files with the latest one dated from Apr/07, the existing one was from Nov/06, but there was another file in that folder that is not updated, so there is no change yet. I am going to run the upgrade one more time and see if possibly that might help, I think it cannot hurt!! Meanwhile, I am listening! dp
    "Anton Strauss" <anton@will-not-reply.com> wrote in message news:f1uqmg$5rb6@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    what version did you upgrade to? what does it say now in help, about?

--

Anton Strauss

"D. Peifer" <scando@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message news:f1uo83$5rb5@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    I did one full local publish last night after initial upgrade, hoping that would solve my problem, but since you are talking about js, I am still needing to say "yes" to open Fusion in Vista, even though I have opted "run CMD as administrator". So that is baffling.. in other words, I may be having javascript issues system wide. Sometimes I have the js icon in my toolbar and sometimes not, but never without "run CMD as administrator". Thank you Anton for writing. I will try again with the full local publish. Also, I will look for FlashCtrl.js. dp
    "Anton Strauss" <anton@will-not-reply.com> wrote in message news:f1um8s$7cg1@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    could be that the new FlashCtrl.js has not been uploaded

1. do a full local publish and test the site

if okay

2. remote publish the whole site, ideally with 3rd party ftp software, I really get on well with Cute-FTP Pro

if not okay, come back for more advice

--

Anton Strauss

"D. Peifer" <scando@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message news:f1ul8p$5rb4@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    I did not realize that was sending in RED, sorry!! dp
    "D. Peifer" <scando@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message news:f1ukde$5rb3@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    Only after update, any horizontal Flash Nav bar, with dropdown links, in top masterborder, causes the whole layout to fall down the length of the button stack. This is happening in all sites, to my great dismay. I need a fast remedy please! Don't want to tear out all the Flash to return to static Nav. Also, Flash Nav placed in left masterborder will not stay where it was placed - it was always perfect before update, however, as I am using Vista, there has been a lot of crashing and humbug since Vista install.

This page was published AFTER update - notice jumping and left nav bar too.

http://www.sunquest-hawaii.com/Condo.../hkonakai.html

This page has not been republished since the update, (nav correct).

http://www.sunquest-hawaii.com/Condos/condos.html

Thank you for any help, D. Peifer

D. Peifer

Hello John, this reported bug is within the #2 upgrade? Is that correct? All
    the referred to Flash Navigation was installed, for the one site I am
    requesting help for, in Jan/07 and has been working as expected until
    installing the upgrade on 5/08/07 when it all went haywire. There are
    several sites set up this way, all have been working correctly, customers
    happy, etc. It will be somewhat difficult to explain a sudden "design
    change". I have to figure that out.
    Just trying to verify that the bug did arrive along with the latest upgrade.
    Thank you! dp

"John" <john@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:f1v4pl$7cg4@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    >> Only after update, any horizontal Flash Nav bar, with dropdown links,
    >> in top masterborder, causes the whole layout to fall down the length of
    >> the button stack.

>
    > This is a known reported bug. I think your choices are, revert to an
    > earlier version, wait for a fix, change to non-flash navigation, or remove
    > the flyouts.
    >
    > --
    > John
    >
    >

John

> this reported bug is within the #2 upgrade? Is that correct?
    Correct.

--
    John

D. Peifer

Thank you for the info, I'll get to work, will start by removing the
    flyouts, see if that solves the jumping and see if the left nav bar that has
    no flyouts will stay put. If that works - good, if not, will go down the
    line with the navigation.. Your help has been very much appreciated! D.
    Peifer

"John" <john@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:f1vqt1$bns1@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    >> this reported bug is within the #2 upgrade? Is that correct?

> Correct.
    >
    > --
    > John
    >

Albert Boddema

I have report this bug in the pre-release group on 4-4 and I've send a
    template to Chris Dolan of WSF.
    I hve not heard anything since

Albert Boddema

"D. Peifer" <scando@hawaii.rr.com> schreef in bericht
    news:f1vruk$b1s5@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    > Thank you for the info, I'll get to work, will start by removing the
    > flyouts, see if that solves the jumping and see if the left nav bar that
    > has no flyouts will stay put. If that works - good, if not, will go down
    > the line with the navigation.. Your help has been very much appreciated!
    > D. Peifer
    >
    > "John" <john@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > news:f1vqt1$bns1@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    >>> this reported bug is within the #2 upgrade? Is that correct?

>> Correct.
    >>
    >> --
    >> John
    >>

>

D. Peifer

Default Found Best Solution Re: Layout jumps up & down

Restored my system to before the upgrade, so Fusion is rolled back to 10.0 V(5011) Flash Nav bars work as before, no jumping, positions holding, everything working correctly at the local publish level. (still have to publish to the remote directory) Of course, I don't have the benefits of a Help system and some of the other things, BUT all the sites using Flash Nav can still use that for now.
    Thanks to everyone who helped! D. Peifer
    "D. Peifer" <scando@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message news:f1ukde$5rb3@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    Only after update, any horizontal Flash Nav bar, with dropdown links, in top masterborder, causes the whole layout to fall down the length of the button stack. This is happening in all sites, to my great dismay. I need a fast remedy please! Don't want to tear out all the Flash to return to static Nav. Also, Flash Nav placed in left masterborder will not stay where it was placed - it was always perfect before update, however, as I am using Vista, there has been a lot of crashing and humbug since Vista install.

stuart

I just got fusion 10 yesterday and had all sorts of problems as I just upgraded from 7.5 (imagine the headache that caused me as my current sites dont import properly!)

Anyway... I have a suggestion for you. set up a home page with master border, (i found out about this thismorning btw) then remove the master border from all other pages - and create a home page also with no master border. then hide the link to the original homepage from the buttons, and point all the buttons to bring up subsequent pages in the body - hope this makes sense lol - but basically you are creating a simple frame

If you follow what I am trying to say then please gimme a smilie and gimme a big hug if it solves your problem! (oh and with the bottom links you have to hide the original home page link too

If you need it, i can email you some pics to show you what i mean lol
    "D. Peifer" <scando@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message news:f1vn8n$a5t8@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    Nothing is helping, I have tried all suggestions, plus everything I can think of - at this point, looks like the only thing left to do is yank the Flash Nav altogether and go backwards. I do really like the Flash though and am very reluctant to let it go, it was working fine since Jan/07. Such is life! Thanks Anton for your help... I looked through your site(s), there is some very nice work there! dp
    "Anton Strauss" <anton@will-not-reply.com> wrote in message news:f1utnj$8cc3@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    also, looking at your source, it appears that some action is used, this will force a fixt html output and can cause the problems in your case

--

Anton Strauss

"Anton Strauss" <anton@will-not-reply.com> wrote in message news:f1ut93$8cc2@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .

also, delete the preview folder and local publish folder using WinExplorer, then do another full local publish to test

--

Anton Strauss

"D. Peifer" <scando@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message news:f1urpb$8cc1@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    The newest release for 10, in help, the version is 10.0 and ends in 5016. Actually now has help files working with Vista! A very nice thing. I have just replaced all of the FlashCtrl.js files with the latest one dated from Apr/07, the existing one was from Nov/06, but there was another file in that folder that is not updated, so there is no change yet. I am going to run the upgrade one more time and see if possibly that might help, I think it cannot hurt!! Meanwhile, I am listening! dp
    "Anton Strauss" <anton@will-not-reply.com> wrote in message news:f1uqmg$5rb6@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .

--

Anton Strauss

"D. Peifer" <scando@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message news:f1uo83$5rb5@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    I did one full local publish last night after initial upgrade, hoping that would solve my problem, but since you are talking about js, I am still needing to say "yes" to open Fusion in Vista, even though I have opted "run CMD as administrator". So that is baffling.. in other words, I may be having javascript issues system wide. Sometimes I have the js icon in my toolbar and sometimes not, but never without "run CMD as administrator". Thank you Anton for writing. I will try again with the full local publish. Also, I will look for FlashCtrl.js. dp
    "Anton Strauss" <anton@will-not-reply.com> wrote in message news:f1um8s$7cg1@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .

if okay

2. remote publish the whole site, ideally with 3rd party ftp software, I really get on well with Cute-FTP Pro

--

Anton Strauss

"D. Peifer" <scando@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message news:f1ul8p$5rb4@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .

D. Peifer

Default Dear Stuart, & Group, Re: Layout jumps up & down

There are many more posts on May 10th after the one you addressed... "John" wrote that the problem is a "known bug" that installed along with the Update #2 for Fusion 10.. my solution was to uninstall the update (actually I restored my system back a couple of days to before the install). It was that important to keep my Flash Navigation. Currently there is no work around for my problem. Please look for the rest of the posts if you want to know the entire story.. but this is most of it. Thank you for writing. Between my partner and I, we have at least10 sites for others, who count on those sites, to function correctly. Before the update, there was no mention of a possible problem with the Flash Navigation, so that was quite a shock, or surprise, however you want to say it. I was sorry to have to lose the new features of the upgrade. Wow, you must be really happy coming from 7.5.
    PS: if you looked at my example links today, they worked correctly because I republished the correct code, so there was no jumping layout... just to clear that up. D. Peifer
    "stuart" <e-znetworks@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:f2buut$o473@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    I just got fusion 10 yesterday and had all sorts of problems as I just upgraded from 7.5 (imagine the headache that caused me as my current sites dont import properly!)

Anyway... I have a suggestion for you. set up a home page with master border, (i found out about this thismorning btw) then remove the master border from all other pages - and create a home page also with no master border. then hide the link to the original homepage from the buttons, and point all the buttons to bring up subsequent pages in the body - hope this makes sense lol - but basically you are creating a simple frame

If you follow what I am trying to say then please gimme a smilie and gimme a big hug if it solves your problem! (oh and with the bottom links you have to hide the original home page link too

"D. Peifer" <scando@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message news:f1vn8n$a5t8@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .

--

Anton Strauss

--

Anton Strauss

--

Anton Strauss

if okay

--

Anton Strauss

stuart

Default Re: Dear Stuart, & Group, Re: Layout jumps up & down

Ok mate as i said was just a suggestion
    "D. Peifer" <scando@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message news:f2c0m2$o474@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    There are many more posts on May 10th after the one you addressed... "John" wrote that the problem is a "known bug" that installed along with the Update #2 for Fusion 10.. my solution was to uninstall the update (actually I restored my system back a couple of days to before the install). It was that important to keep my Flash Navigation. Currently there is no work around for my problem. Please look for the rest of the posts if you want to know the entire story.. but this is most of it. Thank you for writing. Between my partner and I, we have at least10 sites for others, who count on those sites, to function correctly. Before the update, there was no mention of a possible problem with the Flash Navigation, so that was quite a shock, or surprise, however you want to say it. I was sorry to have to lose the new features of the upgrade. Wow, you must be really happy coming from 7.5.
    PS: if you looked at my example links today, they worked correctly because I republished the correct code, so there was no jumping layout... just to clear that up. D. Peifer
    "stuart" <e-znetworks@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:f2buut$o473@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .

--

Anton Strauss

--

Anton Strauss

--

Anton Strauss

if okay

--

Anton Strauss