Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Netobjects Fusion Copyright Infringement warning !!

There have been many cases of Getty pursuing websites in this way.

They are bloodsuckers who can make more money by suing an 'infringer' than they make from supplying the image in question.
    There stock response to people who don't, and usually couldn't, know they are copyright images is "Ignorance is no defence".

One thing I would like to find out, is how they can pursue a claim after the image has been removed (and server logs overwritten). How are they going to prove it was there ?
    Anything seen on a computer can be faked - Getty could do the same.

Default I WAS an avid user of Net Objects since 1996 or so NEVER AGAIN.

I just received my letter from Getty. I called Getty today and since I understand the copyright laws, they have us all by the balls. If we dont pay the $600 they ask for, they can take it to Civil Court and win, hands down, for $225,000.00. Then all us users have to sue NOF. I have contacted my attorneys to get ready for a suit against NOF. I paid for the templates set #3 and my site has to be removed within 14 days and pay the fine. At this point, I will remove it without question. I will pay the fine and then sue NOF for damages, financial loss, and reputation. This is a pretty screwed up situation and I cant wait to get this going and get a claim against NOF or the company who bought them out. As a former photographer, I KNOW THE LAWS. Whoever eyes are behind the camera has copyrights unless release by the photographer. When we all bought NOF or their templates, we assumed that we were paying for the images as well. Guess not, so here we go into court. My legal firm who I have already contacted say they can get them for at least $110k. I am going after it. 150%. This is all BS and NOF knows better. They should be charged criminally and in my case, in civil court too. Absolutely absurd.

Jerryjmorris...you are really sick. If you read through this thread and really have been using Fusion since 1996 then you would probably realize that maybe, just maybe someone made a mistake and there even may be an explanation and resolution. And since you "just" received your letter you obviously haven't contacted NOF (or previous owners) or anyone with the company to see if they may have an avenue you can take that would resolve this entire issue. Instead, you run crying to your attorney in what I guess is an attempt to bankrupt a small company that produced software you obviously loved and used for 14 or 15 years (so you say). Get over yourself.

One part I have to agree with is your last line. You definitely are absolutely absurd.

Sorry Everyone....I apologize for being harsh but I can not stand someone slamming a company that for as long as I can remember has worked hard to produce and provide all of us here with a fine program at a reasonable price.

I could go on and on..........but ............
    Again, I apologize
    David

I am very dissapoined and extremly worried. I did everything Adam asked for and am still waiting for a hold to be put on the threated action against me. The deadline for Masterfile Uk' slawyers proceeding against me was 15 September, they are on my back for £2000 which I cannot afford. I have had to appoint my own solicitirotr to try and put a hold on proceeding whilst I wait to hear from Web.com. All expense I cant fford. I am having difficulty sleeping this is so worrying. ... HELP

I hope it doesn't seem odd bumping up a 2 year old thread, but I am now having the same issue with Getty, (and their attorney), and over the exact same image. I contacted NetObjects who did respond by saying they were referring this matter to web.com. However, web.com has never replied. Has anyone else been able to resolve these bogus copyright infringement claims by Getty?

Isn't it funny that jerryjmorris (who has 1 post to his name) claims that as a former photographer He Knows The Copyright Laws. Well, I am and have been for 30 years a professional photographer, and I know the copyright laws as well. Trouble is, the copyright laws in Australia were updated in 1996 and are not the same as the USA. Get this - many, many NoF users DO NOT RESIDE IN THE USA! Why is it that so many Americans have no concept there are other countries in the world but them?

Hey Franko, right on.

As I have always said, the good thing about living in Australia is when the yanks get mad at us, they'll bomb Austria!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Isn't it funny that jerryjmorris (who has 1 post to his name) claims that as a former photographer He Knows The Copyright Laws. Well, I am and have been for 30 years a professional photographer, and I know the copyright laws as well. Trouble is, the copyright laws in Australia were updated in 1996 and are not the same as the USA. Get this - many, many NoF users DO NOT RESIDE IN THE USA! Why is it that so many Americans have no concept there are other countries in the world but them?
    Actually Other Countries are Potential States..... Lots of room for More Stars in the Blue Area....

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Billy View Post
    Actually Other Countries are Potential States..... Lots of room for More Stars in the Blue Area....
    No thanks Billy, most of us prefer our politics and our religion separate.

And when we vote our government in, even if we don't agree with them, we like to let them get on with the job of governing and not spit the dummy and paralyse the country. Actually, under our system, they can't )