Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Fusion10 and Firefox scrollbars

  1. #11
    Charles Edmonds
    Guest

    Default Re: Fusion10 and Firefox scrollbars

    On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 16:13:24 -0700, Nancy O wrote:

    > Charles, You don't refresh your newsgroups every 30 seconds???


    It sure seems that way.

    Not sure why I was so distracted<g>

    :-)

    Charles


    --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charles Edmonds
    cjeByteMeSpammers@lansrad.com (remove the "ByteMeSpammers" to email me)
    www.clarionproseries.com - "Get ProPath, make your Clarion programs ready
    for Windows 7 and Vista!"
    www.ezchangelog.com - "Free ChangeLog software to manage your projects!"
    www.setupcast.com - "A revolutionary new publishing system for software
    developers - enhanced for SetupBuilder users!"
    www.pagesnip.com - "Print and Save the Web, just the way you want it!"
    www.clarionproseries.com - "Serious tools for Clarion Developers"
    www.ezround.com - "Round Corner HTML tables with matching Banners, Buttons
    and Forms!"
    www.lansrad.com - "Intelligent Solutions for Universal Problems"
    www.fotokiss.com - "World's Best Auction Photo Editor"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  2. #12
    Adendum
    Guest

    Default Re: Fusion10 and Firefox scrollbars

    Nancy,

    Lovely clear instructions - Thank you.

    Sadly it's not working. I even tried placing this in other areas too but
    no change. Also what is the difference between your code and Chuck's?

    Yours:-

    <style type="text/css">
    /**add vertical scrollbar**/
    html,body {height: 100.02%; margin bottom: 1px;}
    </style>

    Chuck's:

    <style type="text/css">
    html {height: 100.02%; margin bottom: 1px;}
    </style>

    The site (a work in progress) currently sits on a test server if you
    want to check the source and see if I'm doing something else wrong?
    test.adendum.co.uk and the short pages are 'products', 'papers' and 'links'.

    Paul


    Nancy O wrote:
    > Embed the CSS in your HTML page(s).
    >
    > 1) Click somewhere in your MasterBorder.
    > 2) On the border properties box, click the HTML button.
    > 3) Go to "between the head" tab.
    > 4) Paste the following code and hit OK.
    >
    > <style type="text/css">
    > /**add vertical scrollbar**/
    > html,body {height: 100.02%; margin bottom: 1px;}
    > </style>
    >
    > Repeat for other MasterBorders.
    >
    >
    >


  3. #13
    Adendum
    Guest

    Default Re: Fusion10 and Firefox scrollbars

    Chuck,

    Yes very helpful but see my previous post in reply to Nancy. Same code
    (almost), same HEAD position but both don't work.

    Paul

    Charles Edmonds wrote:
    > On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 23:24:04 +0100, Adendum wrote:
    >
    >
    >> Tried that but it's a clunky solution.
    >> Really want to add this attribute to the CSS element but all attempts so
    >> far fail.
    >> Need some help on this one.
    >>

    >
    >
    > Paul,
    >
    > At a worst case scenario, you can add this to the master border your using
    > and it will propagate to all pages with that border.
    >
    > Just put it in the <head> embed for the master border:
    >
    >
    > <style type="text/css">
    > html {height: 100.02%; margin bottom: 1px;}
    > </style>
    >
    >
    > Does that help?
    >
    > Charles
    >
    >
    >
    >


  4. #14
    Charles Edmonds
    Guest

    Default Re: Fusion10 and Firefox scrollbars

    On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 20:17:08 +0100, Adendum wrote:

    > Chuck,


    I'm Charles.

    There are two other Chucks around here<g>.

    > Yes very helpful but see my previous post in reply to Nancy. Same code
    > (almost), same HEAD position but both don't work.


    Your best bet is to post a link to a page with the code in it so that we
    can see it.


    Charles

    --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charles Edmonds
    cjeByteMeSpammers@lansrad.com (remove the "ByteMeSpammers" to email me)
    www.clarionproseries.com - "Get ProPath, make your Clarion programs ready
    for Windows 7 and Vista!"
    www.ezchangelog.com - "Free ChangeLog software to manage your projects!"
    www.setupcast.com - "A revolutionary new publishing system for software
    developers - enhanced for SetupBuilder users!"
    www.pagesnip.com - "Print and Save the Web, just the way you want it!"
    www.clarionproseries.com - "Serious tools for Clarion Developers"
    www.ezround.com - "Round Corner HTML tables with matching Banners, Buttons
    and Forms!"
    www.lansrad.com - "Intelligent Solutions for Universal Problems"
    www.fotokiss.com - "World's Best Auction Photo Editor"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  5. #15
    Charles Edmonds
    Guest

    Default Re: Fusion10 and Firefox scrollbars

    On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 20:16:09 +0100, Adendum wrote:

    >Also what is the difference between your code and Chuck's?


    /**add vertical scrollbar**/

    This is just a comment in the code.


    Charles



    --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charles Edmonds
    cjeByteMeSpammers@lansrad.com (remove the "ByteMeSpammers" to email me)
    www.clarionproseries.com - "Get ProPath, make your Clarion programs ready
    for Windows 7 and Vista!"
    www.ezchangelog.com - "Free ChangeLog software to manage your projects!"
    www.setupcast.com - "A revolutionary new publishing system for software
    developers - enhanced for SetupBuilder users!"
    www.pagesnip.com - "Print and Save the Web, just the way you want it!"
    www.clarionproseries.com - "Serious tools for Clarion Developers"
    www.ezround.com - "Round Corner HTML tables with matching Banners, Buttons
    and Forms!"
    www.lansrad.com - "Intelligent Solutions for Universal Problems"
    www.fotokiss.com - "World's Best Auction Photo Editor"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  6. #16
    Adendum
    Guest

    Default Re: Fusion10 and Firefox scrollbars

    Charles,

    My apologies. There is a very helpful Chuck around and I assumed it was
    you. No offence meant.

    Code difference:
    html,body {height: 100.02%; margin bottom: 1px;}
    and
    html {height: 100.02%; margin bottom: 1px;}

    The test site resides at www.test.adendum.co.uk

    Paul

    Charles Edmonds wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 20:17:08 +0100, Adendum wrote:
    >
    >
    >> Chuck,
    >>

    >
    > I'm Charles.
    >
    > There are two other Chucks around here<g>.
    >
    >
    >> Yes very helpful but see my previous post in reply to Nancy. Same code
    >> (almost), same HEAD position but both don't work.
    >>

    >
    > Your best bet is to post a link to a page with the code in it so that we
    > can see it.
    >
    >
    > Charles
    >
    >


  7. #17
    Adendum
    Guest

    Default Re: Fusion10 and Firefox scrollbars

    Sorry I should hasten to add that I am trying to make the Firefox
    browser have a forced scroll bar. Seems to work fine in IE but not FF.

    Adendum wrote:
    > Charles,
    >
    > My apologies. There is a very helpful Chuck around and I assumed it
    > was you. No offence meant.
    >
    > Code difference:
    > html,body {height: 100.02%; margin bottom: 1px;}
    > and
    > html {height: 100.02%; margin bottom: 1px;}
    >
    > The test site resides at www.test.adendum.co.uk
    >
    > Paul
    >
    > Charles Edmonds wrote:
    >> On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 20:17:08 +0100, Adendum wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>> Chuck,
    >>>

    >>
    >> I'm Charles.
    >>
    >> There are two other Chucks around here<g>.
    >>
    >>
    >>> Yes very helpful but see my previous post in reply to Nancy. Same
    >>> code (almost), same HEAD position but both don't work.
    >>>

    >>
    >> Your best bet is to post a link to a page with the code in it so that we
    >> can see it.
    >>
    >>
    >> Charles
    >>
    >>


  8. #18
    Charles Edmonds
    Guest

    Default Re: Fusion10 and Firefox scrollbars

    On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 22:14:05 +0100, Adendum wrote:

    > My apologies. There is a very helpful Chuck around and I assumed it was
    > you. No offence meant.


    No worries!

    Charles's and Chuck's get that all the time<g>

    That is why "The Other Chuck" usually signs his posts as "TOC".


    > Code difference:
    > html,body {height: 100.02%; margin bottom: 1px;}
    > and
    > html {height: 100.02%; margin bottom: 1px;}


    Sorry - missed that.

    One is applying to all HTML, the other to the body tag specifically.

    > The test site resides at www.test.adendum.co.uk


    The site appears to be working (I see scroll bars in both IE7 and FF
    3.5.2), but this is an odd bit of CSS that you have in place:

    <style type="text/css" title="NOF_STYLE_SHEET">
    <!--
    div#NavigationBar3_1LYR {
    position:absolute; visibility:hidden; top:0; left:0; z-index:1;
    }
    div#NavigationBar3_2LYR {
    position:absolute; visibility:hidden; top:0; left:0; z-index:1;
    }
    -->
    </style>

    I'm not sure what your trying to accomplish there.

    Charles


    --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charles Edmonds
    cjeByteMeSpammers@lansrad.com (remove the "ByteMeSpammers" to email me)
    www.clarionproseries.com - "Get ProPath, make your Clarion programs ready
    for Windows 7 and Vista!"
    www.ezchangelog.com - "Free ChangeLog software to manage your projects!"
    www.setupcast.com - "A revolutionary new publishing system for software
    developers - enhanced for SetupBuilder users!"
    www.pagesnip.com - "Print and Save the Web, just the way you want it!"
    www.clarionproseries.com - "Serious tools for Clarion Developers"
    www.ezround.com - "Round Corner HTML tables with matching Banners, Buttons
    and Forms!"
    www.lansrad.com - "Intelligent Solutions for Universal Problems"
    www.fotokiss.com - "World's Best Auction Photo Editor"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  9. #19
    Adendum
    Guest

    Default Re: Fusion10 and Firefox scrollbars

    Charles,

    I'm using FF 3.5.3 and I don't see the scroll bars. Don't see them in
    Chrome or Safari either. Only IE. Hmmmmm??

    The "ODD BIT OF CODE" must be NOF10 generated cos I have no clue about
    CSS. So I can't claim the prize for creative CSS, that's down to NOF10.

    Should I be worried now?

    Paul

    Charles Edmonds wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 22:14:05 +0100, Adendum wrote:
    >
    >
    >> My apologies. There is a very helpful Chuck around and I assumed it was
    >> you. No offence meant.
    >>

    >
    > No worries!
    >
    > Charles's and Chuck's get that all the time<g>
    >
    > That is why "The Other Chuck" usually signs his posts as "TOC".
    >
    >
    >
    >> Code difference:
    >> html,body {height: 100.02%; margin bottom: 1px;}
    >> and
    >> html {height: 100.02%; margin bottom: 1px;}
    >>

    >
    > Sorry - missed that.
    >
    > One is applying to all HTML, the other to the body tag specifically.
    >
    >
    >> The test site resides at www.test.adendum.co.uk
    >>

    >
    > The site appears to be working (I see scroll bars in both IE7 and FF
    > 3.5.2), but this is an odd bit of CSS that you have in place:
    >
    > <style type="text/css" title="NOF_STYLE_SHEET">
    > <!--
    > div#NavigationBar3_1LYR {
    > position:absolute; visibility:hidden; top:0; left:0; z-index:1;
    > }
    > div#NavigationBar3_2LYR {
    > position:absolute; visibility:hidden; top:0; left:0; z-index:1;
    > }
    > -->
    > </style>
    >
    > I'm not sure what your trying to accomplish there.
    >
    > Charles
    >
    >
    >


  10. #20
    the other Chuck
    Guest

    Default Re: Fusion10 and Firefox scrollbars

    the Other Chuck here !!

    Take a look at the attached screen shot to see how I forced the verticle
    scroll bar.

    There are other code snips you can use in your CSS file and as an example:
    http://www.google.com/support/forum/...79f22863&hl=en

    TOC





    "Adendum" <Adendum@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:h8p6eh$dsd$1@DailyPlanet.news.netobjects.com. ..
    > Charles,
    >
    > I'm using FF 3.5.3 and I don't see the scroll bars. Don't see them in
    > Chrome or Safari either. Only IE. Hmmmmm??
    >
    > The "ODD BIT OF CODE" must be NOF10 generated cos I have no clue about
    > CSS. So I can't claim the prize for creative CSS, that's down to NOF10.
    >
    > Should I be worried now?
    >
    > Paul
    >
    > Charles Edmonds wrote:
    >> On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 22:14:05 +0100, Adendum wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>> My apologies. There is a very helpful Chuck around and I assumed it was
    >>> you. No offence meant.
    >>>

    >>
    >> No worries!
    >>
    >> Charles's and Chuck's get that all the time<g>
    >>
    >> That is why "The Other Chuck" usually signs his posts as "TOC".
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>> Code difference:
    >>> html,body {height: 100.02%; margin bottom: 1px;}
    >>> and
    >>> html {height: 100.02%; margin bottom: 1px;}
    >>>

    >>
    >> Sorry - missed that.
    >>
    >> One is applying to all HTML, the other to the body tag specifically.
    >>
    >>
    >>> The test site resides at www.test.adendum.co.uk
    >>>

    >>
    >> The site appears to be working (I see scroll bars in both IE7 and FF
    >> 3.5.2), but this is an odd bit of CSS that you have in place:
    >>
    >> <style type="text/css" title="NOF_STYLE_SHEET">
    >> <!--
    >> div#NavigationBar3_1LYR {
    >> position:absolute; visibility:hidden; top:0; left:0; z-index:1;
    >> }
    >> div#NavigationBar3_2LYR {
    >> position:absolute; visibility:hidden; top:0; left:0; z-index:1;
    >> }
    >> -->
    >> </style>
    >>
    >> I'm not sure what your trying to accomplish there.
    >>
    >> Charles
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •