Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: V9 - Buy now or wait

  1. #1
    Peter Koning
    Guest

    Default V9 - Buy now or wait

    Should I get V9 now or wait for the dust to settle? Anyone with experience
    re qualikty of NOF new releases and the risk of buying the launch release?

    Thanks,
    Peter



  2. #2
    Chuck «BeyondFusion»
    Guest

    Default Re: V9 - Buy now or wait

    Peter,

    Everyone has their own opinion on new releases of software and when to buy.

    If you're already using Fusion and like the new features in 9 that you've
    heard about, I'd go ahead and get it.

    Not to start using for production right away, but to start getting used to
    those new features.

    I've said elsewhere that I don't recommend migrating sites right away. If it
    ain't broke, don't fix it....ya know?

    Some people like to wait until they see a trial version. That's cool too.
    What's the rush?

    Any issues that may have cropped up in the initial release will be addressed
    in one or more updates. By the time you learn how to use the new features
    either by buying the program or waiting for a trial, there may be an update
    available for the release version if one is required.

    v9 has some nice enhancements over its predecessors. Whether they're enough
    for you to upgrade or buy the program for the first time is up to you.

    --
    Chuck Joslin - Team NetObjects
    BeyondFusion.com - Your Fusion Community
    Fusion 9 now available through the BeyondFusion store!
    www.beyondfusion.com

    Fusion Wish List - www.beyondfusion.com/wish
    Register domain names at www.awavedomains.com

    "Peter Koning" <pkoning@entramarketing.com> wrote in message
    news:dl91t3$t185@news01.netobjects.com...
    > Should I get V9 now or wait for the dust to settle? Anyone with experience
    > re qualikty of NOF new releases and the risk of buying the launch release?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Peter
    >




  3. #3
    Mark Reed
    Guest

    Default Re: V9 - Buy now or wait

    "Peter Koning" <pkoning@entramarketing.com> wrote in
    news:dl91t3$t185@news01.netobjects.com:

    > Should I get V9 now or wait for the dust to settle? Anyone with
    > experience re qualikty of NOF new releases and the risk of buying the
    > launch release?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Peter
    >
    >



    Well.. they do have a special offer where you get NPower for free if you
    buy now... so that may be of interest. I imagine it will follow typical
    retail patterns... its launched and has a special offer (the npower
    deal), then after that expires, it sells at normal retail... sometime
    down the road when normal sales start to sag, another "offer" will come
    out to fuel sales.

    I personally have no problem buying software when it first hits the
    streets...as long as I can keep reminding myself that first releases
    typically have bugs that need addressed.

    I will say that v9 is a giant step forward...and once the pending bugs
    are addressed, it will be a very solid offering.



    --
    Mark M. Reed (mreed@fusionmagic.com)
    FusionMagic - building better designs...pixel by pixel

    Sign up for your FREE Fusion newsletter!
    Incredible Fusion template collections at a great price!


    Visit: http://www.fusionmagic.com

  4. #4
    Ted
    Guest

    Default Re: V9 - Buy now or wait

    Hi Peter,

    Whilst this is true of other software publishers to a greater or lesser
    degree, the initial release of 7, 7.5 and 8 all required 'significant'
    updates to address release issues. Whilst none were dramatic show
    stoppers in terms of the software delivering, they were frustrating.

    Logic and history says wait to see if, as has been the position before,
    WSP offer a trial version. Like you I'm going to keep an eye on this
    thread as part of my review process.

    Regards
    Ted


    Peter Koning wrote:

    >Should I get V9 now or wait for the dust to settle? Anyone with experience
    >re qualikty of NOF new releases and the risk of buying the launch release?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Peter
    >
    >
    >
    >


  5. #5
    Chris Dolan \(Template Studio Pro\)
    Guest

    Default Re: V9 - Buy now or wait

    http://www.fusionuser.com/12novnews/

    Our latest newsletter includes a review and assessment of Fusion 9 along. It
    might help you to evaluate whether to buy now or not.

    Chris
    FusionUser
    www.fusionuser.com
    Template Studio Pro from No Limit Software
    Open PSD > Slice > Fusion 8 or 9 Style = 10 Minutes
    http://www.fusionuser.com/product_in...roducts_id=772
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    7 Day Trial Version Now Available:
    http://www.fusionuser.com/product_in...roducts_id=776
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Coming Soon > FusionBuilt > Your Sites > Your Reviews
    All about NetObjects Fusion and Fusion Users
    http://www.fusionbuilt.com/do.php?act=suggest


    "Peter Koning" <pkoning@entramarketing.com> wrote in message
    news:dl91t3$t185@news01.netobjects.com...
    > Should I get V9 now or wait for the dust to settle? Anyone with experience
    > re qualikty of NOF new releases and the risk of buying the launch release?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Peter
    >




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •