Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metatag Generator

Tammy

Default Metatag Generator

Have I gone bloody mad? Where is the metatag tab under Tools>Options>Current Site?

--

Tammy Blalock
    www.tmbwebdesigns.com

R Fredrick Smith

Default Re: Metatag Generator

Why would they have removed such a crucial feature. Even though Meta tags are not as powerful as they once were for SEO, they still play a role and one needs to have specific Meta Description and Keyword tags for each page. I suppose this means one always needs to add them by hand using the HTML button.
    Cheers,
    Fredrick

--

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
    Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter
    http://mail.giantcompany.com

"Tammy <<tmbwebdesigns.com>>" <tammyblalock@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:dlkre3$2u51@news01.netobjects.com...
    Have I gone bloody mad? Where is the metatag tab under Tools>Options>Current Site?

--

Tammy Blalock
    www.tmbwebdesigns.com

Tammy

I haven't actually moved anything to 9 yet. I've been doing, as per your suggestions, removing all unused assets, all unused master borders, optimizing, and exporting into templates. I'm still working on most things in 7, and toying with 9. I just want to make sure all of my templates are up-to-date when I do get ready to migrate to 9. I'm also creating these templates on an external hard drive.

You see, up until about a week ago, I never used this backup feature before. <fingers_crossed> I tried one time to export a template and it crashed and I never tried again. By some miracle and after 5 years, I've never lost a site because of my ignorance about making these templates. Now, I just want all of my templates ready to go! That's all!

--

Tammy Blalock
    www.tmbwebdesigns.com
    "Chuck «BeyondFusion»" <supportno@spambeyondfusion.com> wrote in message news:dlleh8$30f5@news01.netobjects.com...
    Tammy,

Is there someone holding a gun to your head making you move all of your X# sites into 9?

What's the rush?

I've frequently told users to take their time, do maintenance on the site in the version it's in by removing unused assets, master borders and then reoptimizing before exprting a template.

And...if you aren't in need of any of the new features in 9, why migrate at all? You can do it any time.

Use 9 for new sites. migrate existing sites at your leisure.

--
    Chuck Joslin - Team NetObjects
    BeyondFusion.com - Your Fusion Community
    www.beyondfusion.com

Fusion Wish List - www.beyondfusion.com/wish
    Register domain names at www.awavedomains.com
    "Tammy <<tmbwebdesigns.com>>" <tammyblalock@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:dlle5d$30n3@news01.netobjects.com...
    grrrrr...... you mean I'll have to redo this in X# of sites and then reoptimize and export templates all over........ maybe this weekend.

--

Tammy Blalock
    www.tmbwebdesigns.com
    "Chuck «BeyondFusion»" <supportno@spambeyondfusion.com> wrote in message news:dll0h8$2u58@news01.netobjects.com...
    Gone with the wind.

The method Chris mentioned was introduced prior to 9 and the metatag fields in site settings was deprecated. WSP removed them for good in 9.

Note: It's a good idea to remove any metatags inserted via the old method in any sites to be migrated to 9 (8 too, for that matter). There's a possibility of those metatags becoming a permanent part of the site with no way to access or change them.

--
    www.beyondfusion.com

"Tammy <<tmbwebdesigns.com>>" <tammyblalock@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:dlkre3$2u51@news01.netobjects.com...

--

Tammy Blalock
    www.tmbwebdesigns.com

Tammy

So, answer me this. What is the easiest way to get the metatags from my 7.0 sites to my 9.0 sites? (copy them into a text file, export template, open template in 9.0 and paste them there?) Is there an easier way?

--

Tammy Blalock
    www.tmbwebdesigns.com
    "Chuck «BeyondFusion»" <supportno@spambeyondfusion.com> wrote in message news:dll0h8$2u58@news01.netobjects.com...
    Gone with the wind.

The method Chris mentioned was introduced prior to 9 and the metatag fields in site settings was deprecated. WSP removed them for good in 9.

Note: It's a good idea to remove any metatags inserted via the old method in any sites to be migrated to 9 (8 too, for that matter). There's a possibility of those metatags becoming a permanent part of the site with no way to access or change them.

--
    www.beyondfusion.com

--

Tammy Blalock
    www.tmbwebdesigns.com

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Chuck_=ABBeyondFusion=BB?=

Tammy,

Is there someone holding a gun to your head making you move all of your X# sites into 9?

What's the rush?

I've frequently told users to take their time, do maintenance on the site in the version it's in by removing unused assets, master borders and then reoptimizing before exprting a template.

And...if you aren't in need of any of the new features in 9, why migrate at all? You can do it any time.

Use 9 for new sites. migrate existing sites at your leisure.

--
    www.beyondfusion.com

"Tammy <<tmbwebdesigns.com>>" <tammyblalock@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:dlle5d$30n3@news01.netobjects.com...
    grrrrr...... you mean I'll have to redo this in X# of sites and then reoptimize and export templates all over........ maybe this weekend.

--

Tammy Blalock
    www.tmbwebdesigns.com
    Gone with the wind.

--
    www.beyondfusion.com

--

Tammy Blalock
    www.tmbwebdesigns.com

Tammy

--

Tammy Blalock
    www.tmbwebdesigns.com
    Gone with the wind.

--
    www.beyondfusion.com

--

Tammy Blalock
    www.tmbwebdesigns.com

Chris Dolan \(Template Studio Pro\)

Tammy

If you want to do site wide meta tags, select all the pages in Site View,
    and use the Meta Tags tab of the properties .. you can apply to all selected
    pages.

Chris
    FusionUser
    www.fusionuser.com
    Template Studio Pro from No Limit Software
    Open PSD > Slice > Fusion 8 or 9 Style = 10 Minutes
    http://www.fusionuser.com/product_in...roducts_id=772
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    7 Day Trial Version Now Available:
    http://www.fusionuser.com/product_in...roducts_id=776
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Coming Soon > FusionBuilt > Your Sites > Your Reviews
    All about NetObjects Fusion and Fusion Users
    http://www.fusionbuilt.com/do.php?act=suggest

"Tammy <<tmbwebdesigns.com>>" <tammyblalock@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:dlkre3$2u51@news01.netobjects.com...
    Have I gone bloody mad? Where is the metatag tab under
    Tools>Options>Current Site?

--

Tammy Blalock
    www.tmbwebdesigns.com

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Chuck_=ABBeyondFusion=BB?=

Gone with the wind.

--
    www.beyondfusion.com

--

Tammy Blalock
    www.tmbwebdesigns.com

Ian

That's the way we do it.

--
    Ian
    1AHost

Free Web Hosting - PHP & MySQL Hosting
    Resellers and Affiliates Schemes
    www.1ahost.co.uk

"R Fredrick Smith" <rfredricksmith@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:dlmgpr$35f5@news01.netobjects.com...
    Why would they have removed such a crucial feature. Even though Meta tags are not as powerful as they once were for SEO, they still play a role and one needs to have specific Meta Description and Keyword tags for each page. I suppose this means one always needs to add them by hand using the HTML button.
    Cheers,
    Fredrick

--

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!

--

Tammy Blalock
    www.tmbwebdesigns.com

Chris Dolan \(Template Studio Pro\)

No they are still there in Site View, and if you highlight all pages you want the tag to apply to it is very fast.

Its one of the tabs on the page properties menu in this view.

Chris
    FusionUser
    www.fusionuser.com
    Template Studio Pro from No Limit Software
    Open PSD > Slice > Fusion 8 or 9 Style = 10 Minutes
    http://www.fusionuser.com/product_in...roducts_id=772
    7 Day Trial Version Now Available:
    http://www.fusionuser.com/product_in...roducts_id=776
    Coming Soon > FusionBuilt > Your Sites > Your Reviews
    All about NetObjects Fusion and Fusion Users
    http://www.fusionbuilt.com/do.php?act=suggest

"R Fredrick Smith" <rfredricksmith@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:dlmgpr$35f5@news01.netobjects.com...
    Cheers,
    Fredrick

--

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!

--

Tammy Blalock
    www.tmbwebdesigns.com