Thread: verifying site on google- help!

Lorraine Winter

Default verifying site on google- help!

Hi, I'm trying to verify my site on google and not knowing very much at all about html, I've spent ages trying to insert a meta tag without success.

This is the example tag -

can anyone tell me where I put the file for my site? I've spent ages poring over the html but can't get it verified. Any help greatly appreciated.

the other option is to insert an html file but can't do this either!

Lorraine

=?Windows-1252?Q?Chuck_=ABBeyondFusion=BB?=

Default Re: verifying site on google- help!

Lorraine,

Easy.

Since the metatag goes on just your home page, select your Layout area and press F3.

Click on the HTML button and place the metatag line on the Between Head Tags tab.

Just the line that says: <meta name=....etc.

Most standard metatags are added using page properties in Site View. The verify-v1 tag is Google-specific, so you have to add it manually.

--
    Chuck Joslin
    BeyondFusion.com - Your Fusion Community
    www.beyondfusion.com

Register domain names at www.awavedomains.com

"Lorraine Winter" <lorraine.winter@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:fflgbp$dea3@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    Hi, I'm trying to verify my site on google and not knowing very much at all about html, I've spent ages trying to insert a meta tag without success.

can anyone tell me where I put the file for my site? I've spent ages poring over the html but can't get it verified. Any help greatly appreciated.

Lorraine

Lorraine Winter

Default Re: verifying site on google- help!

Thanks very much for this Chuck. Managed to get it to work! I think the problem was also that I should have selected the domain name for the site I've got hosted, not the one pointing to it. We switched hosting and took the opportunity of a free domain but still want to use the old name for everything else, advertising etc. so bit of a problem as I'm very new to all this.

Lorraine
    "Chuck «BeyondFusion»" <supportno@spambeyondfusion.com> wrote in message news:fflh50$eiu1@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .
    Lorraine,

Easy.

Since the metatag goes on just your home page, select your Layout area and press F3.

Click on the HTML button and place the metatag line on the Between Head Tags tab.

Just the line that says: <meta name=....etc.

Most standard metatags are added using page properties in Site View. The verify-v1 tag is Google-specific, so you have to add it manually.

--
    Chuck Joslin
    BeyondFusion.com - Your Fusion Community
    www.beyondfusion.com

Register domain names at www.awavedomains.com

"Lorraine Winter" <lorraine.winter@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:fflgbp$dea3@flsun90netnews01.netobjects.com.. .

Lorraine