Thread: New themes/styles

Default New themes/styles

In any new version of NOF I would like to see better themes and styles and the old ones removed.

Being presented with "Cityscape - Teal" is like going back to the 90's!

I love NOF for the speed at which a sites structure can be completed and the auto creation of buttons and banners. Providing loads of great new ones would make it brilliant. More "Web 2.0" styles (much as I hate that phrase).
    Find out about The Prisoner TV show.
    Bournemouth's most fashionable district - Westbourne.
    What is Jack Bauer up to?

Hi Tom,

Yes, SiteStyles need some love. I can't give away too much but we have some great new additions in the works. Please expect more soon.

---Adam

Great, I am looking forward to seeing that happens.

Keep up the good work
    Find out about The Prisoner TV show.
    Bournemouth's most fashionable district - Westbourne.
    What is Jack Bauer up to?

Adam,

And will this be made available as an add-on or update to existing users?
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

Personally I regard canned styles as something that takes up space on my hard drive and which seems to break NoF if I try and remove them. I'd like to see NoF ship without any styles but with the ability to add purchased/canned styles into NoF for those who are graphically challenged. Personally the thing I love about the Styles section of NoF is the ease with which I can create import the graphics I've already created externally and create a custom style. I've never used the canned styles in 15 years as a web developer but always create a site from scratch for my clients. That's what they pay me for.

My 2 cents

franko

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Personally I regard canned styles as something that takes up space on my hard drive and which seems to break NoF if I try and remove them. I'd like to see NoF ship without any styles but with the ability to add purchased/canned styles into NoF for those who are graphically challenged. Personally the thing I love about the Styles section of NoF is the ease with which I can create import the graphics I've already created externally and create a custom style. I've never used the canned styles in 15 years as a web developer but always create a site from scratch for my clients. That's what they pay me for.

My 2 cents

franko
    I quite agree Franko but I think you'll find a high percentage of NOF users will use a canned style but then edit it like crazy. I am guilty of that in the early days but have since learnt the lesson when it comes to re-optimizing a site that was based on a NOF style.....oh the agony! So, these days, I also start from scratch.

Also many new users will benefit from these styles as they are a good resource to learn how NOF is set up, so they do have their uses....albeit limited. So, I agree, make the site-styles an importable option during or after a NOF install, so the user has the option....oh,, and an uninstall button too!
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

I would like to see a few more crafting business themes. Right now all we have is one "Country Craft" site...others using Fusion (different versions) are using it...I would like to see one for quilting, sewing and/or embroidery business.
    Marge Campbell
    Quilting by Marge

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Hi Tom,

Yes, SiteStyles need some love. I can't give away too much but we have some great new additions in the works. Please expect more soon.

---Adam

My opinion is that many Sitestyles and Templates are not easily usable because the area at the top of a page has a banner that has a color or a design that is an integral part of the rest of the page design. Adding a company or organization logo does not work well. I think what many people are looking for are Sitestyles and Templates with white areas integrated into the top of a page — so that adding almost any logo looks half way decent.

Do you want to add new themes/styles in original WhatsApp too, if so then i suggest you to download this OG WhatsApp.