Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CMS for NOF users - an idea?

I for one wouldn't want my sites' contents on 3rd party servers. But have you checked out snippetmaster? It allows your clients to edit their content on your server, can be customised so that it looks like it's your proprietory ap and is very inexpensive, especially if you buy the 10 licence pack. I'm starting to implement it for my clients and charge them an extra $150 a year for my 'propriotory CMS'

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    I for one wouldn't want my sites' contents on 3rd party servers. But have you checked out snippetmaster? It allows your clients to edit their content on your server, can be customised so that it looks like it's your proprietory ap and is very inexpensive, especially if you buy the 10 licence pack. I'm starting to implement it for my clients and charge them an extra $150 a year for my 'propriotory CMS'
    Franko,

I wouldn't want my clients' content of a third party server either! Systems like Cushy and Surreal simply provide the editing facility, mostly using TinyMCE or similar, and have FTP access to upload the edited pages. So the client content remains on the client server.

I did look at Snippetmaster and liked the look of it but to use it I would have to move my client sites from the current Windows servers to Linux servers to be able to use Zend Optimiser and/or Ioncube Loaders....and at this point I'm loathe to make the change.

Saying that the more I experiment with Joomla the more likely it is I will make the jump to Linux. And I am looking forward to Paby's response on their NOF CMS system (see above) as that may have an impact on future moves and decisions.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adendum View Post
    I did look at Snippetmaster and liked the look of it but to use it I would have to move my client sites from the current Windows servers to Linux servers to be able to use Zend Optimiser and/or Ioncube Loaders....and at this point I'm loathe to make the change.

Saying that the more I experiment with Joomla the more likely it is I will make the jump to Linux.
    Why don't you use a host that offers both windows and linux hosting (as well as coldfusion)? Why worry yourself about a decision that does not need to be made?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post

I try to steer people to ColdFusion as it is just so simple to learn and use it is ridiculous. One or two days and you have learned enough to do 80% of any dynamic tasks yet it is extremely powerful once you absorb the remaining 10%.
    Coldfusion looks like a good tool but the $1300 price tag stopped me dead in my tacks. Or am I looking at the wrong price?

http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion/buy/

Quote Originally Posted by Steve H View Post
    Coldfusion looks like a good tool but the $1300 price tag stopped me dead in my tacks. Or am I looking at the wrong price?

http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion/buy/
    Unless you own the server your site is hosted on and you own the OS and database that is running on your own sever....... you are looking in the wrong place.

The web hosting company provides ColdFusion. It is their expense but it is your benefit.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

here are the few steps needed to work with fusion content

first upload the fusion-content-tiny directory in the root of your webspace with an ftp-client.
    fusion-content-tiny/textfiles - give 777 to all txt-files (you can use further txt-files later)
    fusion-content-tiny is now ready

find a screencast here: http://78.140.92.84:100/fusion-conte...rinstallation/

open the template within your existing projekt (or open a new project) - you find 3 different admin-pages
    professionell offers every button wich can be used with tinymce
    private offers the buttons which are usefull for nof
    mini offers minimal editing-buttons

you can choose the admin you want to work with (most popular is private) and delete the other pages or choose "don´t publish"

now change all pages using fusion content to file-ending .php (can be done directy in nof)

all you have to do now is put a little piece of code on the page, where you want to include the editable content - change the name of the txt-file to the file which should be used

all this is shown here: http://78.140.92.84:100/fusion-conte...ration-in-nof/

fusion-content is using the style.css for headings, standart, list, links etc..
    pictures can be uploaded and then used within the site

maybe in summer we offer an component which will put the code in automaticly and also creates futher txt-files on the server

translation for fusion-content. de is in work...

have fun - paby

Mike,

Errrm, my hosting provider does offer Linux as well as Windows. Why am I worried about making the transfer? I have no idea!!!! I've been with this host for at least 12 years, on Windows servers all that time, never had ANY downtime or any issues. I guess I'm just plain scared!!!???!!! Saying that I'm seriously considering a change to Rochen so it could happen sooner rather than later.

Maybe I just need someone to push me
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

It doesn't have to be Linux - any *Nix will do. My sites runs on Sun Sparcs and have for many years. It's the server that has powered the internet for most of its development (I almost said for ever, but the first nodes of ARPAnet ran on Honeywell 516 mini-computers with a massive 12k of memory each. That was 1969 and the four nodes were UCLA, Stanford Research Institute, UCSB and the Uni. of Utah). But I digress. The fact is I wouldn't ever run a mission-critical application on any platform other then UNIX (or a dedicated mainframe). Even Microsoft runs (ar at least did run) several mission critical apps on Unix servers - Hotmail & Corbis, to name a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    I just set up SnippetMaster on a site, and it was dead simple.

I was trying to implement another free little CMS that I had found that seemed easy enough. But it had about 4 specific tags that needed to be inserted on each page, and NOF makes it difficult because some needed to be inserted inside tages that NOF generates, so it would require editing after publishing.

Snippet Master doesn't even need *any* tags if you're comfortable with having access to the whole page. Simple tags to define specific editable areas allow more control.

If you know me, if I say it's easy, anyone can do it. ;-)

-RayC

P.S. If you've done something silly like I did, and have a site with a BLACK image to create a bar across the top, you may have a problem editing specific areas because the image gets applied to the tinyMCE edit area, and you can't see the black text with the black BG image. There's a simple CSS rule to insert that will fix this. I'll post it if anyone is interested. I'd be inclined to use it on ANY site that I'm going to use SM on.

Thanks this looks very nice (CMS I mean)