Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A decent photo gallery

Default A decent photo gallery

I'd love to see a decent photo gallery. The standard photo gallery was ok when it was introduced some versions ago (can't remember which, now) and the flash gallery is really a pale shadow when compared with other flash gallery generators out there (eg web gallery wizard, fotoplayer). Also, I believe that Flash has had it's day as more and more people access the web via mobile devices rather than desktop or laptop computers. Already in Japan more people access the internet via their cell phone that by computer and I really believe that the more technologically countries in the west will follow this year.

I'd like to see the JQuery library built in, together with a number of applications, including a photo gallery, that utilise it.

Of course, there may be other solutions as well (Quicktime?)

franko

Default A decent photo gallery

I'll 2nd franko suggestion, Photo galleries are an important part of many of my clients web sites. Yes we can go to 3rd party applications such as light box but having to jump out of NOF breaks the work flow and have to learn other applications get to be a pain.

I kind of agree here.

I think from this and one or two other threads there is a pattern emerging. Many of us like, if not love, what NOF can do for us but equally have issues with many 'elements' of the product. It seems to me that we need installable OPTIONS. Obviously from NO's point of view just one product makes sense but to please all the people all the time NOF should offer the end user options to install and un-install whatever components they want/don't want.

I don't want to bang on about Joomla in a NOF environment but NO could learn a lesson from Joomla. The CORE product is provided and installed as a basic tool set, which already does a great deal in that form. But then you have the option to download and install an amazing number of add-ons (components, modules, plug-ins etc). And if they don't work for you you just un-install them. So I would envisage a NOF environment where we download and install NOF12 as a 'core' set of files....and from that installed core we could then browse the NOF server for any extras we think we need....could be a site style, a form generator, flash photo gallery, MLR tool set or whatever.

Well, the idea makes sense to me anyway. How about you lot?
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

it offen happens that big galleries crash the nof-project

a nice php-gallery using lytebox and creating all subdirectories and thumbs automaticly which can be integrated in nof just with ONE little piece of php-code in ONE page of nof can be seen here
    http://www.rt-sportfotos.de/motorspo...e%20Cup%202009

upload can be done without using nof - save adminpanel is included

and best - the gallery is free

(sorry for my english)

have fun - paby

Hey, your English is a lot better than my German

I quite agree with franko, it is about time Netobject modernizes its visual applications.

The NOF-Galleries can only be used in very small projects. I think in these cases the NOF-flash-Gallery is acceptable and offers some usability.

We need integrated galleries with overlay effect and automatic thumb-generators, as well as stunning flash-galleries. Of course it is no problem for advanced users to apply
    a visual lightbox or an external flash gallery. But people purchasing fusion expect integrated solutions. They don't even want to hear
    about HTML or PHP. The result is they produce rather bad homepages, if the available tools are insufficient.

Yesterday I found and installed visual light box. It looks to be just what I want - a JQuery lytebox style application with one valuable addition - I can drag and drop folders of images into it and generate the gallery just as I do with tools like Web Gallery Wizard. Flash not required!

Looks interesting Put up some demo galleries and post links.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

A tip: If you want Frankos suggestion and also want to add video functionality, buy the Visual Light Box by ticking the options from http://videolightbox.com/ rather than http://www.visuallightbox.com/ as it's cheaper.

Visual-Lightbox is easy to apply on NOF. It is quick and easy and has nice integrated thumbs. I can also recommend it.