Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nof 8

Default nof 8

Hi,
    can someone tell me if nof ver 8 is compatable with windows 7.0?
    thanks
    z

Sort of.

Needs to be run ad administrator every time.

And it uses an a JRE (Java Runtime Enrvironment) that is incompatible with the Aero desktop in Vista/Win 7.

There may be other issues as well.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Hi Autopaintpro!

I would advise you use at least version NOF9, which is also to be run as administrator... It is not a problem to upgrade your NOF8 project.

I'm actually doing German Support, so I needed to look around a little to find a tutorial on how to create a template.

If you envisage upgrading your NOf-version you should first create a template with Version 8 and then open this template with Version ... whatever.

This is how you do that:

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=16

Default reply

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    Sort of.

Needs to be run ad administrator every time.

And it uses an a JRE (Java Runtime Enrvironment) that is incompatible with the Aero desktop in Vista/Win 7.

There may be other issues as well.
    Hi there Chuck,
    it's been a while since we communicated,
    i have ver 9.0 but don't know what i did with the disc? am i able to get a replacement disc ?
    it seems like that in the publish window when you have the local publish and the remote publish showing and when trying to view in local it keeps jumping to remote when the remote is not showing or present the local works fine. any way to correct this issue?
    thanks
    Z

Hi
    using Adam's instructions on windows 7.0 and still does not work? with the use as administrator

I'm not even sure what you're talking about with the publish window. (-;

I've not installed 8 on the Windows 7 machine I have now. I did have it installed on my previous hardware running Vista and it worked fine, aside from the administrator issue and not liking Aero.

At this point though, I'd recommend upgrading to Fusion 11. It allows you to select an up-to-date external JRE (1.6.x). 11 is still bundled with 1.4.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Quote Originally Posted by autopaintpro View Post
    Hi there Chuck,
    it's been a while since we communicated,
    i have ver 9.0 but don't know what i did with the disc? am i able to get a replacement disc ?
    it seems like that in the publish window when you have the local publish and the remote publish showing and when trying to view in local it keeps jumping to remote when the remote is not showing or present the local works fine. any way to correct this issue?
    thanks
    Z

When you bought 9 did you get an electronic download or a retail box version? If you got it via download you may be able to get another download if you can find your receipt for it (or can remember what credit card you used or the email address you purchased with). NetO switched to AskNET for product sales from 9 on. You can try to see if they can locate your purchase and maybe you can get a download for the 9 media. Worth a try.

http://www.asknet.com/contact-us/customer-service.html

Remember that version 9 was designed to run under windows XP.. Win 7 is 2 versions beyond that OS.

Chuck's advice to move to Fusion 11 for Windows 7 is the best you will get. Running old software under a new OS is not that good of an good idea. Especially programs like Fusion that must write to a protected area of the hard drive. All versions of Fusion below version 11 MUST use the windows protected area of the hard drive to run components and to create the html files..... Windows does not want to let programs do this from Vista on.... Fusion 11 is the only true windows Vista and above version of the product.
    Last edited by gotFusion; 04-17-2010 at 04:14 PM.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by autopaintpro View Post
    Hi
    using Adam's instructions on windows 7.0 and still does not work? with the use as administrator
    Can you install a dual boot Windows 7 / Windows XP and run your copy of Fusion 8 under windows XP?

I have not installed my copies of Windows 7 yet but if it has a Windows XP compatibility option you may try that (see attached screehshot). I can get Fusion 8 to run under Vista with the settings in the screen shot but it ain't pretty (palettes are all goofed up and it is almost useless)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xpCompatibilityM&#11.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	72
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

ok ,
    i accept your advice makes good sense,will i be able to import the ver 8.0 sites that i have (12 sites) to ver 11.0 and will they work?
    thanks
    Z