Thread: When/where is NOF 12?

Default When/where is NOF 12?

Hello. I am curious about the future of this product. NOF 11 was released two years ago, and I don't see any hints regarding a newer version on the horizon. Is a version 12 in the works, and if so, is there any information about when it might be coming, and what functionality it will have?

If there is no hint of a version 12, then why not? What is the future for NOF? Based on various reviews of the current product, and with the continued evolution of web techhologies, a newer version is called for, particularly after two years.

I appreciate whatever information anyone can give me on this topic.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by skykeys View Post
    Hello. I am curious about the future of this product. NOF 11 was released two years ago, and I don't see any hints regarding a newer version on the horizon. Is a version 12 in the works, and if so, is there any information about when it might be coming, and what functionality it will have?

If there is no hint of a version 12, then why not? What is the future for NOF? Based on various reviews of the current product, and with the continued evolution of web techhologies, a newer version is called for, particularly after two years.

I appreciate whatever information anyone can give me on this topic.

Regards.
    The only ones who can give you any info (forward looking comments) are the owners of the company. Everyone else is under NDA (non disclosure agreements).

I doubt that NetO would intently destroy sales of the current product by announcing anything in regards to a future release. Like who in their right mind would by a product when they know something else is on the way and they would have to buy again?

Microsoft is on a 2-2.5 year product release schedule as are a lot of other software manufactures.

Any new development in html or css can be implemented in any release of the fusion product (even version 1).

Now if you have any inside information you would like to share about future developments in html and css please feel free to divulge them on here. We won't tell anyone (pinkie swear)
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    The only ones who can give you any info (forward looking comments) are the owners of the company. Everyone else is under NDA (non disclosure agreements).

I doubt that NetObjects would intently destroy sales of the current product by announcing anything in regards to a future release. Like who in their right mind would by a product when they know something else is on the way and they would have to buy again?
    Thanks for your reply. Actually, I do understand about not wanting to kill sales of the current version. I've been on the sales side of the software business before. I used to work for IBM, and we used to re-sell NOF back in the early days of IBM's web software initiative.

So my question is really just asking - has anything been announced? I guess the answer to that is: no. I ask because I am a new member of the forum and have not kept up with news (or lack thereof) of NOF over the past couple of years. Of course I have searched the web for news on the product. There is not much happening.

This leads me to believe that sales of NOF are not that great at this point. I hope I'm mistaken, but I just don't see any buzz over the product. There wasn't much two years ago when V 11 came out, and the reviews of the product at that time were mixed at best. There is certainly much less buzz now.

So in that context, if nothing has been announced even after two full years, then I wonder what the future of the product/company is? Usually there is an announcement, followed by a public beta period. It can take anywhere from 1 to 3 months after the release of a beta before the "gold code" version is released to production; i.e., for sale. So if nothing has been announced yet, then it's unlikely that a new version will be coming out until the fall of 2010 at the earliest. Given that the company only has the one product, is the company generating enough revenue to stay in business? It's a reasonable question.

Rob

Default Re: When/where is NOF 12?

"gotFusion" <gotFusion.4cnmaz@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com> wrote in message
    news:gotFusion.4cnmaz@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com...
    >
    > skykeys wrote:
    >> Hello. I am curious about the future of this product. NOF 11 was
    >> released two years ago, and I don't see any hints regarding a newer
    >> version on the horizon. Is a version 12 in the works, and if so, is
    >> there any information about when it might be coming, and what
    >> functionality it will have?
    >>
    >> If there is no hint of a version 12, then why not? What is the future
    >> for NOF? Based on various reviews of the current product, and with the
    >> continued evolution of web techhologies, a newer version is called for,
    >> particularly after two years.
    >>
    >> I appreciate whatever information anyone can give me on this topic.
    >>
    >> Regards.

>
    > The only ones who can give you any info (forward looking comments) are
    > the owners of the company. Everyone else is under NDA (non disclosure
    > agreements).
    >
    > I doubt that NetO would intently destroy sales of the current product
    > by announcing anything in regards to a future release. Like who in their
    > right mind would by a product when they know something else is on the
    > way and they would have to buy again?
    >
    >
    > Microsoft is on a 2-2.5 year product release schedule as are a lot of
    > other software manufactures.
    >
    > Any new development in html or css can be implemented in any release of
    > the fusion product (even version 1).
    >
    >
    > Now if you have any inside information you would like to share about
    > future developments in html and css please feel free to divulge them on
    > here. We won't tell anyone (pinkie swear)
    >
    >
    >
    > Mike - (turtle) - gotHosting.biz - gotFusion.com
    > Web Hosting + hand holding support - ASP, PHP, ColdFusion
    > FREE one on one Fusion Support with all web hosting accounts
    > Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Linux web hosting platforms
    > http://www.gotFusion.com - http://www.gotHosting.biz

> Microsoft is on a 2-2.5 year product release schedule as are a lot of
    > other software manufactures.

Not totally true, Microsoft is on a 12-18 month release cycle with their
    Expression Web/Studio products.

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post

I doubt that NetObjects would intently destroy sales of the current product by announcing anything in regards to a future release. Like who in their right mind would by a product when they know something else is on the way and they would have to buy again?
    Thanks for your reply. Actually, I do understand about not wanting to kill sales of the current version. I've been on the sales side of the software business before. I used to work for IBM, and we used to re-sell NOF back in the early days of IBM's web software initiative.

So my question is really just asking - has anything been announced? I guess the answer to that is: no. I ask because I am a new member of the forum and have not kept up with news (or lack thereof) of NOF over the past couple of years. Of course I have searched the web for news on the product. There is not much happening.

This leads me to believe that sales of NOF are not that great at this point. I hope I'm mistaken, but I just don't see any buzz over the product. There wasn't much two years ago when V 11 came out, and the reviews of the product at that time were mixed at best. There is certainly much less buzz now.

So in that context, if nothing has been announced even after two full years, then I wonder what the future of the product/company is? Usually there is an announcement, then a public beta period. It can take anywhere from 1 to 3 months after the release of a beta before the "gold code" version is released to production; i.e., for sale. So if nothing has been announced yet, then it's unlikely that a new version will be coming out until the fall at the earliest. Given that the company only has the one product, is the company generating enough revenue to stay in business? It's a reasonable question.