Thread: White Area surrounding a web page

Default White Area surrounding a web page

Good Morning,

Can anyone tell me if its possible with Fusion 11 to change the color of the screen area that surrounds the actual web page.

Regards
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by tootsie View Post
    Good Morning,

Can anyone tell me if its possible with Fusion 11 to change the color of the screen area that surrounds the actual web page.

Regards
    Richard
    If you are using a standard Fusion style there is no way to address the main table to set a different color in background and content.

You can create a separate table around your web site using masterborder HTML insert. This way you can set a background color in style view and set the background color of the table you create in MB html insert to a different color, ending up with a different color around the pages.

here is a tutorial on how to set a table around your web pages

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4048

Using this method and setting different colors you can end up with a page like this

http://www.gotfusion.com/example21/
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Okay I have been having the same issue. I followed your directions (from the tutorial) and edited in the MB html insert. However, all that ends up doing is creating a border around my site that does not extend to the edges. I am fairly new at this, so I tried playing around with some of the variables like increasing the border size, but that impacts the top of the page as well. Any other ideas. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggg View Post
    Okay I have been having the same issue. I followed your directions (from the tutorial) and edited in the MB html insert. However, all that ends up doing is creating a border around my site that does not extend to the edges. I am fairly new at this, so I tried playing around with some of the variables like increasing the border size, but that impacts the top of the page as well. Any other ideas. Thanks!
    The tutorial is for a border but you can change/add the page color within the table tag.

If you do not wish a border edit the table code you entered to border="0"

To set the color of the web page contents to white add bgcolor="#FFFFFF"

You can use any color by changing the color code

Then to set the background color outside of the web page go to style view and set the background color to what ever you wish in there (see attached screen shot).

You will then have a white web page over a different color background color. You can change the colors to any you wish.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	setBackgroundCol&#11.gif 
Views:	292 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	77
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

Thanks Mike. That worked great. One other tip for folks that I figured out after doing this is in page view under layout properties to set to transparent. This will help if you have a dark background so that you can see what else you are editing rather than having the page color show through the entire site.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggg View Post
    Thanks Mike. That worked great. One other tip for folks that I figured out after doing this is in page view under layout properties to set to transparent. This will help if you have a dark background so that you can see what else you are editing rather than having the page color show through the entire site.

Jason
    Right...... Because you have set the table background color by inserting HTML the GUI does not recognize this and will filter the color set in site style through to the web pages when you are editing (but the color you set will over write this when you publish).

Also if you wish to have the site dropped down a little and not be flush with the top of the browser window (so that it appears the site is "floating") you can add top padding in style view (see attached screen shot)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	topPadding..gif 
Views:	260 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	78

Thanks again Mike. That looks even better.

Jason

Default Thanks for the advice

Gentlemen,

Many thanks for the advice.

Regards