Thread: Locating Serial Number on 4.0

Default Locating Serial Number on 4.0

For years now I have just backed up my NOF and then reloaded into each new pc. This time it is not working, asking for a serial number, that I more than likely do not have anymore. Would it be in a hidden file somewhere when I backed it up on disc?

Quote Originally Posted by localshotsobx View Post
    For years now I have just backed up my NOF and then reloaded into each new pc. This time it is not working, asking for a serial number, that I more than likely do not have anymore. Would it be in a hidden file somewhere when I backed it up on disc?
    Fusion stores its key/SN in the system registry.

To find it press "Start > Run > Then enter regedit"

The key/SN will be under:

hkey_local_machine > Software > NetObjects > Fusion > (version#) > Serial Number

The SN/key will be retained in the system registry even after you uninstall the program.

If you have lost your program and key/SN and you are on a computer that never had it installed you are out of luck. This would be the same thing as if your wallet fell on the ground somewhere and you did not notice it missing for a couple of days/weeks. In otherwords.... It's a gonner...

I always burn downloaded software to CD and I use a sharpie marker and write the SN/key on the CD. I also keep a text file that contains the key/SN in the folder with my downloaded software.

Oh... If you do decide to poke around in your system registry please DO NOT change anything. You can turn your computer into a door stop real fast if you change something that should not be changed
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz