Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Visual/Video Lightbox photo gallery questions & discussion

Quote Originally Posted by nettesekel View Post
    ja ja, üt Panda is üt best, gelle :-)
    Oh, ich sehe es jetzt ein englisches. Ausgezeichnet. Thanks.

Franko, I'm also curious as to what, exactly, is happening with you. I've played a bit with the free version, and it seemed to work well when I tried it. I am very close to buying the Business license to use on a site in development, so if there are some issues, it would be nice to get to the bottom of it.

Any thoughts on what might be causing the problem?
    OS?
    Size of the Gallery?

-RayC

Quote Originally Posted by RayC View Post
    Oh, ich sehe es jetzt ein englisches. Ausgezeichnet. Thanks.
    your german sounds as good as my english *lol* .... make a fool of yourself every day (me) *rofl*
    Last edited by nettesekel; 05-28-2010 at 01:48 PM.

Any thoughts on what might be causing the problem?
    OS?
    Size of the Gallery?
    Perhaps you are trying to include Visual Lightbox in NOF - HTML but it will only work on XHTML-Basis, unless you use an inlineframe.

Just tell us what you've done , franko :-)

Ah Saturday morning and I had to check the forum! All I did was install VLB, run it, add images and that's when it won't let me do anything else. It's not that it freezes, I can still exit it via the red X but once I've added the images I can't select them, delete one, or use any of the menu options. Haven't got as far as actually generating a gallery, let alone embedding it into NoF.

Windows (of course!) XP SP3 on an Athlon 64 3200+ processor with 2GB RAM. I know, it's an old box but it's my main web coding machine and I'm loathe to clutter up my studio production comptuer. Maybe I'll try it later today on the Vista laptop.

Ok, installed on the Vista laptop and it's working just fine. Now to figure out why it doesn't like XP.

Franko. I've tested that on my XP install and it works fine, so try to uninstall and then reinstall it. I seem to remember you using a Registry Cleaner of some sort, try to switch that off if you can. Those sorts of programs can cause issues.

Does anyone know of a lightbox script I can use that has iframe support, but doesn't need to have XHTML declared? I need to use Dynamic Layout, NOT XHTML Layout.

Thanks

Carl
    It's not a bug...just an undocumented feature
    Carl Kruck - MetaWeb IT
    http://www.metawebit.com

Carl,

I've used the free version of the aforementioned Visual Lightbox (as a test).

While VLB claims to be XHTML compliant, I pulled the published gallery into an I-Frame on a Fusion page without any regard for declaring XHTML at my end.

-RayC

This one will do what you want and doesn't need XHTML - it's the one I use.
    You don't as such use iFrames but you call a URL into the lightbox itself (same thing).
    http://www.dolem.com/lytebox/

Ok, disabled and exited Advanced System Care. Rebooted (just to make sure). Installed VLB. Ran VLB - strange, it let me get a little further this time. I could import images. I could select and delete images and re-arrange them. I could even click through to the 'Publish' tab. And I could click between the tabs in the Publish dialog box. But it wouldn't let me change the thumbnail size by not letting me use the pull-down box. In fact, it wouldn't let me change any parameters at all. And I couldn't publish even with default settings. As I said - strange.

I do run Norton Antivirus; I wonder if that has anything to do with it although I couldn't find any exclusion for VLB in it (but then, it's a bitch of an interface; not at all intuitive so could have missed something).

I guess I do like VLB so will have to create slideshows on the laptop and then drag them across the network. PITA but better than nothing.