Thread: New Computer, RE-download NOF 11 without previous versions on new computer

Default New Computer, RE-download NOF 11 without previous versions on new computer

Hi,

Setting up new laptop (windows xp, same as desktop) and I need to have NOF installed. I have versions from v.3 on up still on old pc (desktop). I only have discs for v.3 -v.8, not for 9 (don't use), 10, 11 - or at least I can't find them.

Bottom line - can I download the versions that I downloaded originally? Could I get a link or whatever you do in this case?

Then assuming I download them & install, what files do I transfer to new laptop? Just the "user sites" & templates from old pc?

ugh, I hate doing this.

Thanks much!
    ~Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    Hi,

Setting up new laptop (windows xp, same as desktop) and I need to have NOF installed. I have versions from v.3 on up still on old pc (desktop). I only have discs for v.3 -v.8, not for 9 (don't use), 10, 11 - or at least I can't find them.

Bottom line - can I download the versions that I downloaded originally? Could I get a link or whatever you do in this case?

Then assuming I download them & install, what files do I transfer to new laptop? Just the "user sites" & templates from old pc?

ugh, I hate doing this.

Thanks much!
    ~Kitty
    If you purchased online and downloaded the product you can go back to asknet.com and enter the email address or order number and get a download URL from them. To get started go to this URL

http://www.asknet.com/company/contact-us.html
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks Mike... process started.

What about transfering files inside of each version from old pc to new one? Just transfer the user sites & templates? all folders in their respective versions of NOF?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    Thanks Mike... process started.

What about transfering files inside of each version from old pc to new one? Just transfer the user sites & templates? all folders in their respective versions of NOF?
    The safest way to migrate sites is via template.

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=2

If your sites are older than version 8 you may have issues with some components. The work around is to delete the component and put a new version 11 component on the page from the tool bar
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks again Mike. It wasn't until the end of version 10 that I actually started saving sites as templates. geesh, took me long enough~