Thread: Problems with Publishing

Wink Problems with Publishing

Having problems publishing in NetObjects Fusion 11
    Software publishes fine to hdd with "local publish".
    Software tests the ftp connection and says connection is OK, ,
    However on ftp publish, after transferring a few files it comes back with many errors
    Hosting co says it is software related
    Would appreciate any help or advice

Quote Originally Posted by giovannismith View Post
    Having problems publishing in NetObjects Fusion 11
    Software publishes fine to hdd with "local publish".
    Software tests the ftp connection and says connection is OK, ,
    However on ftp publish, after transferring a few files it comes back with many errors
    Hosting co says it is software related
    Would appreciate any help or advice
    What errors?

What host?

What does your host call root (wwwroot, public_html, www or ?)?

What is the URL of the web site?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Try changing the passive mode FTP setting in your remote publish profile advanced settings.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Hi Chuck, that did help a bit, instead of getting 130 errors, more was published but still i got 97 errors. I have been experiminting with these updates and have come up with the below. Don't know if it makes any sense to you, I think it is related to my original problem
    Created my first sample web page and published it in NetObjects Fusion 11. It published OK the first time. However without changing any parameters, I now cannot update and even the "test connection" in Netobjects Fusion now fails.
    Tried to FTP to the site, username and password doesn't seem to work. (Note: double and triple checked username/password so that's not the problem)
    Decided to use another PC on a different network and "poof" everything back to normal, I could FTP to my site. I then updated the web page with NetObjects Fusion 11 from this second PC and it published Ok.
    However again, without changing any parameters, I cannot now FTP into the site again and even the "test connection" in NetObjects Fusion again fails.
    Tried disabling Firewall & Anti-virus with no success as i felt maybe port 21 was being blocked. Any way to check or monitor this?
    The common factor seems to be NetObjects Fusion, but I am not sure. I was told to use another another FTP client, but if I remember right NetObject Fusion states that I must use their FTP client in order for all links to work

Thanking you in advance

Select local publish

use a 3rd party FTP program to upload

Here is a tutorial that tells you where you will find your web site on your computer. use a 3rd party ftp program to upload it.

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4028
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I use the built-in FTP in Fusion just about exclusively.

Zero issues with Fusion 11 and FTP.

Which anti-virii program are you using?

Sure sounds like a firewall or user permissions issue to me.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Hi Chuck,
    Finally sorted out my problem after 2 weeks of back and forth. My web hosting co was blocking both my IP addresses. That is being sorted out at this time. Thanks for trying to help Chuck
    Giovanni