Thread: A *nix version

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A *nix version

Many, many years ago NoF ran on the Apple Mac platform. This was in the days when MacOS was a proprietory OS with a declining market share. Today the scenario is very different. The Mac OS has a unix base - FreeBSD and a growing market share. Given that once the code base was developed for one *nix variant, it would be relatively trivial to port it to other variants - Linux, SunOS, et al. This would give NoF an opportunity to grow its user base among those who do not and will not use windows.

Think about it.

NOF is really the only reason I am using a PC - would love to change over to a Mac!!!
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

Ditto what Paul just said
    Only the Blue Roads

Default NetObjects Fusion for Mac

Agreed. NetObjects Fusion 3 was the last Mac version. We believe there is a market opportunity and think NetObjects Fusion compares favorably with existing applications like Freeway and RapidWeaver. We're evaluating the scope of work; a Mac version is in our long term plan.

Steve,

If you do a Mac version someday, a Linux version should be possible as well... given the Unix roots of both.

(-;
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Oooh A linux version please! NOF is my last use of Windows and is hanging on in a virtual XP. Would love to be able to integrate NOF with all my other Linux tools instead of having to flip between OS.

I have used NOF since 7 12 years I changed over to mac with Parallels installed and gave up on it as it was slowing things down too much. Since then I have been running NOF 11 on my Dell XPS with Windows 7. However having owned and enjoyed the iPhone and iPad decided to try another Mac. I have made the decision to keep the Dell for the sole purpose of running NOF 11 on it to build and edit my websites. I am wishing and hoping one day soon i will read somewhere that NOF decides to build their software for Mac again. Please please!!!!

I have to agree about the desirability of a Mac version.

However, I must say I don't really have a problem running NOF on Windows 7 on my Mac under VMWare Fusion. I use the share option for directories which allows me to use the best tools from Mac and Windows. Not exactly fluent but it works.

Ritch
    NOF 2013: (AU1)......Windows 7 Ultimate Version 6.1 (Build 7601:SP1)
    Mac OSX 10.8.3.....Parallels Desktop 8 (8.0.18483)
    iMac 27" 2.7 GHz Intel Core 2 i5.....12Gb 1333 Mhz DDR3

Default It's now 2013 and I am still searching for software to compare with NetObjects

Quote Originally Posted by joanell View Post
    I have used NOF since 7 12 years I changed over to mac with Parallels installed and gave up on it as it was slowing things down too much. Since then I have been running NOF 11 on my Dell XPS with Windows 7. However having owned and enjoyed the iPhone and iPad decided to try another Mac. I have made the decision to keep the Dell for the sole purpose of running NOF 11 on it to build and edit my websites. I am wishing and hoping one day soon i will read somewhere that NOF decides to build their software for Mac again. Please please!!!!
    It's now 2013 and I am still searching for software to compare with NetObjects I am running NetObjects 12
    on my Mac with Bootcamp, which is rather pain to keep switching from Mac to Windows I hate my Windows side of things. Please NetObjects do the right thing and build your software for the Mac :-(