Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A *nix version

Default A *nix version

Many, many years ago NoF ran on the Apple Mac platform. This was in the days when MacOS was a proprietory OS with a declining market share. Today the scenario is very different. The Mac OS has a unix base - FreeBSD and a growing market share. Given that once the code base was developed for one *nix variant, it would be relatively trivial to port it to other variants - Linux, SunOS, et al. This would give NoF an opportunity to grow its user base among those who do not and will not use windows.

Think about it.

NOF is really the only reason I am using a PC - would love to change over to a Mac!!!
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

Ditto what Paul just said
    Only the Blue Roads

Default NetObjects Fusion for Mac

Agreed. NetObjects Fusion 3 was the last Mac version. We believe there is a market opportunity and think NetObjects Fusion compares favorably with existing applications like Freeway and RapidWeaver. We're evaluating the scope of work; a Mac version is in our long term plan.

Steve,

If you do a Mac version someday, a Linux version should be possible as well... given the Unix roots of both.

(-;
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Oooh A linux version please! NOF is my last use of Windows and is hanging on in a virtual XP. Would love to be able to integrate NOF with all my other Linux tools instead of having to flip between OS.

I have used NOF since 7 12 years I changed over to mac with Parallels installed and gave up on it as it was slowing things down too much. Since then I have been running NOF 11 on my Dell XPS with Windows 7. However having owned and enjoyed the iPhone and iPad decided to try another Mac. I have made the decision to keep the Dell for the sole purpose of running NOF 11 on it to build and edit my websites. I am wishing and hoping one day soon i will read somewhere that NOF decides to build their software for Mac again. Please please!!!!

I have to agree about the desirability of a Mac version.

However, I must say I don't really have a problem running NOF on Windows 7 on my Mac under VMWare Fusion. I use the share option for directories which allows me to use the best tools from Mac and Windows. Not exactly fluent but it works.

Ritch
    NOF 2013: (AU1)......Windows 7 Ultimate Version 6.1 (Build 7601:SP1)
    Mac OSX 10.8.3.....Parallels Desktop 8 (8.0.18483)
    iMac 27" 2.7 GHz Intel Core 2 i5.....12Gb 1333 Mhz DDR3

Junior Member Myrtle Winchester's Avatar
    Pender Harbour, on the Sunshine Coast of BC Canada.

Oh please, there are enough bugs in NOF to fix before getting sidetracked with development for other platforms :/

Quote Originally Posted by Myrtle Winchester View Post
    Oh please, there are enough bugs in NOF to fix before getting sidetracked with development for other platforms :/
    I'm pretty sure they would have a team specifically for the Mac version development so they don't take time away from your Windows version.

I've been waiting for a Mac version since 2008 when I asked about one in support and was promised one was due out in "about a year". Still waiting on that promise!