Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A *nix version

Default It's now 2013 and I am still searching for software to compare with NetObjects

Quote Originally Posted by joanell View Post
    I have used NOF since 7 12 years I changed over to mac with Parallels installed and gave up on it as it was slowing things down too much. Since then I have been running NOF 11 on my Dell XPS with Windows 7. However having owned and enjoyed the iPhone and iPad decided to try another Mac. I have made the decision to keep the Dell for the sole purpose of running NOF 11 on it to build and edit my websites. I am wishing and hoping one day soon i will read somewhere that NOF decides to build their software for Mac again. Please please!!!!
    It's now 2013 and I am still searching for software to compare with NetObjects I am running NetObjects 12
    on my Mac with Bootcamp, which is rather pain to keep switching from Mac to Windows I hate my Windows side of things. Please NetObjects do the right thing and build your software for the Mac :-(

Personally, I'd love NOF on Mac OS X ... but hiring a Mac team to develop something for the OS that captures some 7-ish% of the market it doesn't make much sense. All Win version currently supported beat Mac OS X share, except the notorious Vista. Even Win 8 surpassed Mac OS X market share by September this year, so probably we need to face it that maybe a very simplified NOF for iOS (iPad) would possibly be easier to develop and makes more biz sense. On the other side, NOF on Mac OS X is a fantastic idea or more of a dream (going back to its Mac Classic roots) and would certainly compete well against RapidW, Freeway, defunct iWeb, and primarily against very intuitive Karelia's Sandvox.

maybe a very simplified NOF for iOS (iPad) would possibly be easier to develop and makes more biz sense.
    You make me smirk...
    As an (enthusiastic) iPad user since the very first day I manage to do a lot with my little toy but I have not the slightest idea how you want to operate NOF with a touch device....?? This version of NOF would be a very simplified one.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Re Mac version. If you go back to my original post, I made the case for a *nix version. OSX is a unix based program, FreeBSD. So programming for a unix base, it would be trivial to compile versions for Mac, Linux, HP-UX and every other unix flavour out there. And that is a [I]lot[I] of corporate sites that could use NoF (especially as it would be the only drag and drop website editor out there). Long ago I used NoF to edit IBM web sites. At the time they were dynamically created JSP sites, yet NoF was still useful in editing the front end stuff. IMHO, there is probably enough of a market to justify porting the application to unix. Whether or not there's a will, or it's part of the go-to-market strategy is another matter indeed.

I have not the slightest idea how you want to operate NOF with a touch device....?? This version of NOF would be a very simplified one.
    Indeed it would. Have you seen the version of Photoshop for the iPad? It costs just $10.99 compared with the PC or Mac version at around a grand and that's precisely what it's worth. Actually, no, it's not even worth that much. It's absolute crap which has received nothing but condemning reviews. Touch screens are a useful adjunct for a PC (eg the Wacom Cintiq) but no good at all for any real design work.

No, I didn't have a closer look at Photoshop for iPad.
    8,99€ seemed to be a bit expensive for just being nosy.
    And being a tight-fisted user anyway I avoid to spend money on apps when you can get an app for free that is doing a sufficient job. PS Express or PhotoPad is all you need to resize and brush up some pictures, screenshots and the lot.
    Serious graphic work is done on my PC anyway, with the full PS installed.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

latest version can fix all issues you got with the version, because when I also had a similar issue with this OG WhatsApp I also downloaded its latest version which solved my issue.