Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secure Site component email problem

Default Secure Site component email problem

I have added the Secure Site component to our HOA web site and having a problem that I need some help in resolving.

When using the Signup component to register a new user I always get the following error...
    [Error 201] Could not send email to \'the new registrant\' from \'webadmin@asburyvillas.com\' using the SMTP server \'208.109.78.57:25\'. Please check if you have access to the SMTP server.
    HOWEVER, the new User does get registered.

Can someone please shed some light on what I need to do to get rid of the Error 201.
    Thanks...

Try changing the IP address you have for the SMTP server to localhost.

Unless your web host has instructed you otherwise.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Does your host require SMTP authentication? Are they using a different port other than 25 (some also have port 587 open)

Ask your host about these 2 possible causes of your failure to send error
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I tried the suggested changes and got the same message. I called our hosting provider and they had me change the SMTP server information, remove the SMTP requires authentication, and try three different ports, 25 80 and 3535.
    NONE of the above worked and I'm still getting the same Error 201.

What shall I try next?

Try 127.0.0.1 for the SMTP server.

If your site is on the same physical server as the SMTP mail server, that should work.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    I tried the suggested changes and got the same message. I called our hosting provider and they had me change the SMTP server information, remove the SMTP requires authentication, and try three different ports, 25 80 and 3535.
    NONE of the above worked and I'm still getting the same Error 201.

What shall I try next?
    Email sending is handled by your web host. The error you are getting is from the mail server at your host (it means that the ip you entered does not have a mail server on it or your sending email address is not recognized by the mail server). As Chuck suggests, if the mail server is on the same box as the http server you need to use 127.0.0.1 If you host has distributed services across several boxes (like I do) you will need to use the IP address of the mail server.

You will have to sort all of this out with your web host as it is their issue not a Fusion issue.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

I looked up the DNS MX record for the mail server for your asburyvillas.com domain.

It's smtp.secureserver.net. You're hosting with GoDaddy it appears

So if 127.0.0.1 doesn't work, try that.
    Last edited by chuckj; 05-07-2010 at 05:51 PM.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    Tutorials and Forums

Found the solution... FINALLY !!
    Rather than using the documented GoDaddy email smtp outbound server name SMTPOUT.SECURESERVER.NET
    you have to use relay-hosting.secureserver.net go figure

Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    Found the solution... FINALLY !!
    Rather than using the documented GoDaddy email smtp outbound server name SMTPOUT.SECURESERVER.NET
    you have to use relay-hosting.secureserver.net go figure
    I have GoDaddy hosting and just transferred my new site there. I'm getting an error 201 and I have tried both smtpout.secureserver.net and relay-hosting.secureserver.net and neither work. Any more ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    I have GoDaddy hosting and just transferred my new site there. I'm getting an error 201 and I have tried both smtpout.secureserver.net and relay-hosting.secureserver.net and neither work. Any more ideas?
    The host is going to have to tell you what mail server your account uses. You can guess until you are blue in the face and never get it. You will have to ask godaddy support.