Thread: form reset button does not reset format, only content

Default form reset button does not reset format, only content

Hi-
    I'm working on a form with validation which changes the border color on the field if it is incorrect. This part is working fine, but when the reset button is used, only the content of the field is reset - the border is not reset to the original format. It is just a simple form layout, not the NOF forms handler component. Can this be fixed or should I just get rid of the changing border? Thanks for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by paloma View Post
    Hi-
    I'm working on a form with validation which changes the border color on the field if it is incorrect. This part is working fine, but when the reset button is used, only the content of the field is reset - the border is not reset to the original format. It is just a simple form layout, not the NOF forms handler component. Can this be fixed or should I just get rid of the changing border? Thanks for any help!
    You can select "button" instead of "reset", disable it, and wrap the tag with the link to your form page. When reset is pressed the page will reload and all defaults will be re-loaded.

The draw back is that the button will appear "ghosted". You could also use a graphic instead of the HTML generated input button if the ghosting is not wanted.

I would post a screen shot but I think I have filled up my quota of attachments on the forum and can't add anymore (time to take a break)
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks! Sounds like a great solution -- how do I "wrap the tag"? I already have a graphic button, so that isn't a problem.

thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by paloma View Post
    Thanks! Sounds like a great solution -- how do I "wrap the tag"? I already have a graphic button, so that isn't a problem.

thanks again!

I still cannot attach graphics in the forum but I uploaded the graphic to gotFusion so you can take a look

http://www.gotfusion.com/netoForum/reLoadButton.gif
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

This works great on a local publish with the local url. Is there a way of referring to the page without a specific url or will I have to change the tag once the site is published?

thanks again!!!

You can use the page name of your form page like this <a href="./page.html"> (where page.html is the actual name of your form page)

Thank you for your help!