Thread: 'Center in browser' stopped working!

Default 'Center in browser' stopped working!

Help!

Up until last night, all pages in my site were centering nicely, using the 'Center in browser' checkbox on the layout properties for each page. I don't know what happened last night - I was just doing some routine updates, but now when I publish NONE of the pages get centered. The show up as centered if I do a page preview, but a site preview or publish has them all set to the left.

I have a left frame containing a button bar, that normally gets put to the left of the screen, with the body of each page centered.

It now makes no difference what state the 'Center in browser' checkbox is in.

I can get back to centered pages by manually adding the <CENTER> and </CENTER> tags to each layout body, but I have heaps of pages and really don't want to do this manually when the 'Center in browser' checkbox used to do it for me.

Any ideas what may have changed to disable the 'Center in browser' function?

My site is www.suzukimusicqld.com.au

Thanks,
    Adrian.

It is difficult to center a frames page without putting everything inside of another container.

I see the body centered but the left frame locked to the left side.

I don't see any need for frames on your site. I would suggest that you eliminate the frames if you want the site centered. IF you need a single page as a frame set, make a new masterborder and set that to frames, keeping the rest of the site no frames

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=222
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Hi Mike,
    You DO see it centered? What you describe is how I intended it to look. But I don't see it that way anymore, in Firefox at least.
    But I just checked and it DOES come up centered in IE. It used to be (up until last night) centered in Firefox as well.
    Any idea what could have changed to make it not work in Firefox? I compared the current html files with a backup, and it seems that up until last night the <CENTER> tags WERE being generated when I had 'Center in browser' checked, but now they are not.
    Cheers,
    Adrian.

Sounds like you inadvertently turned your master borders into autoframes.

Go to your Master Border properties and deselect that option.

Republish.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

I like frames because some of our pages are very long and having the menu in a frame means it doesn't scroll when the page does.

Fortunately I have just figured out what happened: Somehow CSS had got enabled for text formatting in the site properties. I set this back to HTML and voila! everything works again as designed, with left menu in a frame and body centered in browser. It even (somewhat unsurprisingly) fixed some text formatting issues I was also having last night.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts..