Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Child page previews totally blank

Default Child page previews totally blank

Good Morning,

I have my home page and two child pages underneath. When I preview, one child page and the home page navigation buttons work perfectly and normal. When I click the navigation button for the second child page I get a totally blank page. What should I look at? Thanks for your time.

Valarie

Hi Valarie,

Assuming you mean Preview as within the NOF application the navigation buttons wont work (well they never have for me). If you publish a preview version it'll work.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

Assuming you mean Preview as within the NOF application the navigation buttons wont work (well they never have for me). If you publish a preview version it'll work
    Don't they? I never had a problem with it. Which version are you using? (Edit, I've seen it now: NOF11, rather strange phenomenon)

Valarie, could it be that your second page doesn't have a master border?

Hi Paul, I published locally and still have the same problem. Pretty cool to be talking to someone across the pond.

Valarie

Hi Barbara,

The masterborder properties are the smae for the child page that works and for the child page that publishes blank.

Valarie

Valarie,

Can you make a template of the site and post it here or upload to your test environment?

Cool? Not here...nice and warm! I'm working from my place in Spain for the summer
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

You lucky one... It's raining in Germany :-(((

Well, I can't think of why this is happening to you Valarie, but why don't you just remove the bar and draw a new one, or remove the page and create a new one?

Hi Paul,

Appreciate the help. Unfortunately I do not have the knowledge to upload template. I sem to be having major problems doing really simple tasks. I have used Fusion for long time and built website: aspensilk.com. Now I am getting bogged down on really simple procedures. I will try to publish to my new web site.

Vaalarie

Quote Originally Posted by valarie View Post
    Hi Paul,

Appreciate the help. Unfortunately I do not have the knowledge to upload template. I sem to be having major problems doing really simple tasks. I have used Fusion for long time and built website: aspensilk.com. Now I am getting bogged down on really simple procedures. I will try to publish to my new web site.

Vaalarie
    Follow this tutorial on how to export the site as a template

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=16

When you write a post here you should see an option to attach a file (it will be down below where you write your text)

Click the "Manage Attachment" button which will bring up a dialog box where you can select the exported template zip file you created and add it to the post as an attachment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attachFiles..gif 
Views:	332 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	136  
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Good Morning,

Sorry for late reply. been working.

I took Barabara's advice and deleted pages and started over. This solved problem. I now build pages in stages and publish locally to check things as i build. Seems to be easier than building a bunch of pages, then publishing, and looking for problems. I construct navigation, then publish locally to check. I then add hotspots and pictures, and then publish locally to check. I add the text last. This works better for me and makes correcting issues easier.

I regards to Paul's problem with publishing locally, I find it works best to go to site view, highlight the home page, and then publish locally. Never any problems.

New problem with publishing. When I go to publish settings window, the "advanced" setting button doesn't seem to work. I click it. It highlights, but no windows open.

I will be here all morning.

Thanks for your help.

VaLARIE