Thread: Text problem

Default Text problem

I have a problem with writing the text. Iam Unable to write letters such as ž,č,ć,đ,š.can someone help me

You need to set your Unicode character set to UTF-8 by clicking TOOLS>OPTIONS>CURRENT SITE under Text Formatting /Characters set to Unicode (UTF-8).

Then where you want a special character type for instance français which is:
    PHP Code:
    français 
    thats fran+&+#+231+;+ais (remove + symbols)
    (not actually PHP code but it's the only way to get these characters in without it converting it to what you'd want)

Use this link to see what you need to type for all characters you may need http://webdesign.about.com/library/bl_htmlcodes.htm using the numerical code column.
    Last edited by Technology Ideas; 05-21-2010 at 12:43 AM.

Apologies, but to correct, you need to place a CTRL+T where you want the special character, then enter the &+#+231+; (removing the + symbols to get a ç)

i.e. You'd type in the text box in NOF "Fran" then CTRL+T then type in the special charter code then type "ais" to make "français".

If you don't want to use UTF-8 for the whole page, you can just right-click on the text box and choose the character set to UTF-8 there instead.

The reason is that NOF converts the "&" as "&amp" in HTML to create the "&" character properly, in other words, it's actually converting the "&" character.

Hope all that makes sense.

Default Can't type foreign characters (except Japanese for some reason!)

Hi, I have a curious problem.

When I try to type text into a text area, foreign characters come up as accented letters. I've tried Thai and Hebrew. However, if I first type the text into notepad then copy/paste, it displays and publishes correctly (yes I have utf-8 selected).

You need to select utf-8 encoding to view the following text: สวัสดี comes out as ÊÇÑÊ´Õ, or if I type in a "Japanese" part of the text (with the Thai keyboard selected), I get: ハムヌムハエユ.

However, I can type in Japanese directly from the keyboard. So something is working...

I'm having similar problems connecting to an external database using OCDB - all the Thai text displays as ??? (even when looking at the source code).

Any ideas? I have Windows XP SP3 and I've installed the latest update for 11.0 and I've also tried it on a separate computer with Windows 7. Same problem!