Thread: RSS script xmlfetch.php missing

Default RSS script xmlfetch.php missing

I have been unable to make RSS feeds work as documented: there appears to be a server-side script called "xmlfetch.php" that needs to be placed in the ~/scripts file from "somewhere".

"...Proxy URL. The RSS Feeds component provides proxy scripts in PHP (xmlfetch.php) and ASP (xmlfetch.asp). These proxy scripts act as a gateway between the location on your Web site the news information will be displayed and the news aggregators that offers the RSS feed. You do not have to make any modifications directly to these scripts but you will need to know their location. The default location is /scripts/xmlfetch.php or if you are using ASP, /scripts/xmlfetch.asp."

The documentation elsewhere implies that it is something that needs to be "published" as a "component" -- however, it does not appear on the list of components that can be published (eg FirstGage Component, Kurant Component, 1&1 Component all appear on the list. There are no RSS components that I can see)

Am I missing something? From whence do I obtain this "xmlfetch.php" script? Am I right that it goes in the ~./scripts directory server-side? How does it get there?

Can somebody please give me some guidance?

Hello,

The RSS Feed Component comes with 2 proxies (one in ASP and one in PHP). Depending on what your Web server uses, select the appropriate option from the drop-down box. This will cause the default script for the proxy type that you have selected, to be copied on your Web server.

Suppose that your user name on a Linux server is "joesmith" and the publish directory is public_html/mycoolsite

The proxy scripts are published in the "scripts" directory, so a valid path for a PHP proxy will be: http://www.mydomain.com/~joesmith/my...s/xmlfetch.php

You can notice now that the proxy URL and the RSS feed compose the path as the URL parameter.
    Claudia
    NetObjects Technical Support
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am having the same problem.

My feed is at: http://www.xposureinteractive.co.uk/...ml/updates.xml

I have my proxy path: http://www.xposureinteractive.co.uk/...s/xmlfetch.php

I Just keep getting the following Error:

"Error loading the rss feed from this location: `
    Not Found
    The requested URL /public_html//updates.xml was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Try to reload the page."

Any help with this please?

Thanks
    Dave