Thread: How do I " Local Publish" to my hard drive

Default How do I " Local Publish" to my hard drive

I have files that say NEVER PUBLISHED and it tells me to publish them locally, then upload to web page.

In HELP (Netfusion 8 ) I read “Publishing Your Site” – I pushed the Publish Site button as instructed, Publish Site dialog opens, from the “Publish Files to” drop down list it says to choose “Local Publish” - It’s not there – In HELP again I went to “Setting up to publish locally” it says:
    By default NetObjects Fusion preconfigures the local location to \Sitename\Local Publish. I went to C:\Program Files\NetObjects\NetObjects Fusion 8\User Sites\Fitness Transformations\Local Publish – Nothing there – I did a search for Local Publish on my computer – nothing there - I cannot find this file –
    I tried creating it in Publish Settings – under “Directory” I put the path to the Sitename\Local Publish folder I created – no luck when I push the TEST button I get:
    “Connection Failed” Please make sure you entered the correct attributes and you are connected to the internet”
    Questions about the Publish Settings page when creating a NEW profile:
    This is what I did – What am I doing wrong:
    Server Type: FTP ( no choice – can’t leave it blank )
    Profile Name: Global Netfirms2
    Server: Local Publish
    Directory: C:\Program Files\NetObjects\NetObjects Fusion 8\User Sites\Fitness Transformations\Local Publish
    User name: Put in User name for my web host acct., also tried my Windows XP log on name
    Password: Put in password for my web host acct. (Don’t use one for hard drive and it won’t let me continue without one)
    ALSO Today I downloaded the newest free version of Net Objects Fusion Essentials but noticed it’s version 7.5 ( Standard Version 7.50.0000.5025 ) - Should I use it, or is my Net Objects Fusion 8 ( Standard Version 8.00.0000.5042 ) more advanced?
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP - IT IS WELL APPRECIATED!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I have files that say NEVER PUBLISHED and it tells me to publish them locally, then upload to web page.

In HELP (Netfusion 8 ) I read “Publishing Your Site” – I pushed the Publish Site button as instructed, Publish Site dialog opens, from the “Publish Files to” drop down list it says to choose “Local Publish” - It’s not there – In HELP again I went to “Setting up to publish locally” it says:
    By default NetObjects Fusion preconfigures the local location to \Sitename\Local Publish. I went to C:\Program Files\NetObjects\NetObjects Fusion 8\User Sites\Fitness Transformations\Local Publish – Nothing there – I did a search for Local Publish on my computer – nothing there - I cannot find this file –
    I tried creating it in Publish Settings – under “Directory” I put the path to the Sitename\Local Publish folder I created – no luck when I push the TEST button I get:
    “Connection Failed” Please make sure you entered the correct attributes and you are connected to the internet”
    Questions about the Publish Settings page when creating a NEW profile:
    This is what I did – What am I doing wrong:
    Server Type: FTP ( no choice – can’t leave it blank )
    Profile Name: Global Netfirms2
    Server: Local Publish
    Directory: C:\Program Files\NetObjects\NetObjects Fusion 8\User Sites\Fitness Transformations\Local Publish
    User name: Put in User name for my web host acct., also tried my Windows XP log on name
    Password: Put in password for my web host acct. (Don’t use one for hard drive and it won’t let me continue without one)
    ALSO Today I downloaded the newest free version of Net Objects Fusion Essentials but noticed it’s version 7.5 ( Standard Version 7.50.0000.5025 ) - Should I use it, or is my Net Objects Fusion 8 ( Standard Version 8.00.0000.5042 ) more advanced?
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP - IT IS WELL APPRECIATED!!!!
    It sounds line you have a copy that is locked to one web hosting company. Did you purchase it through your hosting?

If you have a locked version it will only publish to the web servers set up by the hosting company and you cannot change that.

You can use the Free Essentials (7.5) version as it is not restricted/locked.

You will NOT be able to take your site projects from version 8 BACK into 7.5 as Fusion is NOT backward compatible. You will have to create the site projects in version 7.5 from scratch but you can copy/paste any text from one to the other.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I bought it from NetFirms my hosting company, however, since I have uploaded my site before, I don't think it's a locked version. Meaning why did it let me upload originally, and now tells me I have to publish locally first.
    Last edited by Chris; 05-25-2010 at 07:42 AM.

I bought it from NetFirms my hosting company, however, since I have uploaded my site before, I don't think it's a locked version. Meaning why did it let me upload originally, and now tells me I have to publish locally first.
    I must admit I am having a hard time understanding your initial post.

Have you ever been able to publish your web site using the software you got from Netfirms?

Is this the first time you have used it or did it work fine and now does not work?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

Sorry about the confusion, I'm not very good at this stuff. Yes, I have uploaded my entire site before using Netfusion 8, and it worked fine. Now I am trying to add pages and tweek the site and running into this problem. One issue might be that, after creating the page I don't have a html file named index.html Am I supposed to rename or convert one of files that Netfusion creates. If so which file? Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sorry about the confusion, I'm not very good at this stuff. Yes, I have uploaded my entire site before using Netfusion 8, and it worked fine. Now I am trying to add pages and tweek the site and running into this problem. One issue might be that, after creating the page I don't have a html file named index.html Am I supposed to rename or convert one of files that Netfusion creates. If so which file? Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    You do not need to rename anything. Everything is handled automatically by the Fusion software.

I still do not know where your problem is.

You can't select the local publish option?

You can't remote publish?

You can't set up a remote publish profile?
    Last edited by gotFusion; 05-25-2010 at 08:56 PM.

I found the NetFirms tutorial on how to set up their proprietary version of Fusion 8 to publish to their servers.

http://support.netfirms.com/idx.php/...Objects-8.html

Sorry for not following your problem but the version that was built for Netfirms is different from the retail version.