Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tab view

Default Tab view

How hard is it to do a tab box on a layout region where whatever tab you click on it will go to that page only in the tab area box, example pic posted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example2a.jpg 
Views:	493 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	160  

You can do that with the Multi Layout Region tool in NOF.

Quote Originally Posted by Technology Ideas View Post
    You can do that with the Multi Layout Region tool in NOF.
    I think I have a pretty good idea what you mean by using the multi layout region, what I am not sure about tho is how do you go about getting the tab look. It is easy enough to make a square box where all the text is but how do you get the little tab thingies at the top of each one?
    Also I am assuming you layer one layout region over top the first layout region and so on? Is there a tutorial on any of this?

Read the manual or the Help menu in NOF, it's all in there, but find the Multi Layout Region icon in the Standard Tools and choose Tab Top. You can add numerous tabs by clicking on the + key in the Multi Layout Region properties box.

Read the manual or the Help menu in NOF, it's all in there, but find the Multi Layout Region icon in the Standard Tools and choose Tab Top. You can add numerous tabs by clicking on the + key in the Multi Layout Region properties box.
    Ok thanks checking it out now.

Does anybody know if the tiny tabs themselvesl can be a different color. I do not see anywhere to change the color of the tab not just the background.

Also another question now. When I created the first one for the first time I thought in preview I remember seeing the entire box with tabs and all (like the outline of a box) But after that playing with somethings all I see now is just the tabs only with a line under them, but the line does not go down the sides or the bottom to form the box look. What happen, it is sitting on a white background. I have not yet published it I only looked at it in page preview. Shows it fine in the work area just not in page preview, and not sure about publish mode.
    Last edited by Larry5000; 05-26-2010 at 01:00 AM.

You edit the look of the Multi Layout Region in STYLE. Find on the left a CSS file called MutliLayoutRegion1TabTop.css (or similar, depends on how many you have) and then go through each of the lower CSS selectors (nav a etc.). In the CSS Common properties box on the right, click the Background icon and you'll find the image for the tabs which you can change to your own graphic or just make it plain using colour if you want. Not sure about the box issue surrounding it, but start again if you've played around and it's disappeared.

To add to my previous post, you can add CSS border to the box inside each Tab if that's what you meant. It doesn't have a border around the whole area though by default. It shows the items outline in NOF, but it's not actually in code. You can add borders in the MutliLayoutRegion1TabTop.css file mentioned in my previous post to achieve what you want.

To add to my previous post, you can add CSS border to the box inside each Tab if that's what you meant. It doesn't have a border around the whole area though by default. It shows the items outline in NOF, but it's not actually in code. You can add borders in the MutliLayoutRegion1TabTop.css file mentioned in my previous post to achieve what you want.
    Well I am in style view and trying to figured it all out, but never really messed with MLR before. As you may be guessing I am not seeing where I can make the changes in that big list to just each tab by itself to change color. Again I do not necessarily want the entire tab page to change to a certain BG just the tab itself. All pages in the MLR can be white but I would like to have each tab be a certain color.Will look for the boarder thing as well..I am reading the user guide but for me as usual in this case, not much help.
    Thanks for all you are telling me about.