Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tab view

Well still no luck at all. Been reading the user manual but that is not much help. Been finding a few things I have changed color on, but as you might guess not the things I want to change. Found something clear to the right on boarder width and I guess color and things; I made sure all was checked and used the black color but still no box around the entire thing and still have not found anywhere, where each individual tab can be changed on color. I have 5 tabs I would like each tab to be a different color. The more I look it seems like this is not possible. But knowing me I might be missing something.

Does all of this have to be done in Style view on what I am wanting to do or can some of it be done in page view using the CSS boxes on the lower right hand side. This is another good example of what I was saying awhile back on making things so easy. In the MLR properties box, you select the tab/page you want to be on (the area where it shows what you named it) and there somewhere you can change a tab color, to be different then the rest. And on the general tab there would be a box to assign the size of the border and the color. That would be the easy way, but alas such is not the case. OK now what am I missing here.
    Last edited by Larry5000; 05-26-2010 at 02:57 AM.

Apparently not many must know about using the tabs MLR, alot of views but little on comments. I want to thank Technology Ideas for the help he gave me. I have been in style view trying to make the boarder thing happen, and I had check boxed some things thinking it would work but still nothing. It looks funny on the page with just the tabs showings and a thin line underneath and that is it, no sides or bottom.

If the individual tabs can not each have their own color that is ok.
    Last edited by Larry5000; 05-26-2010 at 10:01 PM.

To put a border around it is very easy. All this stuff is done in CSS as stated in previous posts, but specifically in this case:
    MultiLayoutRegion1LYR .ui-tabs-panel --> Go to the CSS Common box on the right, choose the Borders icon and select the frames on the left (select each one) and then choose the type of frame, colour and thickness you want.

See picture:

Attachment 165
    I would suggest you look at the CSS sections of NOF Manual and visit http://www.w3schools.com/css/ so that all this makes more sense. CSS is very powerful and NOF 11 utilises it a lot, but it won't make sense without the basics if you don't already have them.

There was a massive thread on customising the MLR a few months ago, maybe last year even. Not sure if it made it over in the migration from nntp to forums, or, indeed, in the re-organising of the newsgroups following the change of management. Someone (I think it was Barbara but not sure if it was the same Barbara that is on these forums) spent a lot of time investigating, interrogating and trying things out and finally published a summary of how it all works. Since I have yet to use MLRs I didn't pay a lot of attention but you might want to search for it. Again, don't know how good the search in the forums is, but a good newsreader will search the newgroups comprehensively.

Forgot to add, you can't have different coloured tabs using NOF Multi Layout Regions.

As a solution, you could achieve what you want using coloured boxes at the top of an iFrame and change the iFrame information once a coloured box is clicked.

the other Chuck

Default Re: Tab view

That's what I did here: http://www.valentinetool.com/

Content was put in an iFrame and used AllWebMenu for the navigation. AWM
    makes it easy to call and iFrame. I found this much nicer than working
    with the MLR component and the options for navigation customization is
    unlimited.

tOC

"Technology Ideas" <Technology.Ideas.4blcun@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com>
    wrote in message news:Technology.Ideas.4blcun@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com...
    >
    > Forgot to add, you can't have different coloured tabs using NOF Multi
    > Layout Regions.
    >
    > As a solution, you could achieve what you want using coloured boxes at
    > the top of an iFrame and change the iFrame information once a coloured
    > box is clicked.
    >
    >
    >
    > Regards,
    > Andrew Baker | http://www.technologyideas.com.au
    > Australia

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    ...... Again, don't know how good the search in the forums is ...
    The V Bulletin search functions are actually quite powerful, especially if the advanced features are used correctly.
    Only the Blue Roads

The document franko was referring to: http://netobjects.com/en/nof/11/00/o...R.pdf?type=pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hoyt View Post
    The V Bulletin search functions are actually quite powerful, especially if the advanced features are used correctly.
    Ironically, in this case, you can't just search MLR

I'll bet that the admins here have accepted the default search parameters. And those parameters ignore three letter words.
    Only the Blue Roads