Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tab view

Most do leave it at more than 3, I'm not suggesting they change it at all, I was just having a laugh at the irony in this particular case

Well I opted for the 2 sides and the bottom, the top line went across the top of the tabs and did not look right. However now that there is no top line the two sides line stick up above the tabs and with no top line I think is still pretty bad. Is it suppose to be like that? I have enclosed an example.

Also now it does not seem to resize with the changing of the tabs, I believe the box is suppose to change to different sizes depending on the content on each page, correct? If so I must have changed something else how do I get that to work again?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example4a..jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	166  

I don'[t think you've followed my instructions fully see: http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...ll=1#post43130 and you won't have that problem. It is the specific CSS attribute called MultiLayoutRegion1LYR .ui-tabs-panel (2nd from the top of that box).

See image:
    Attachment 167

MLR's do have a fixed size based on the deepest tab that sets the depth of the rest of them, so they will all be the same.
    Last edited by Technology Ideas; 05-27-2010 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Technology Ideas View Post
    I don'[t think you've followed my instructions fully see: http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...ll=1#post43130 and you won't have that problem. It is the specific CSS attribute called MultiLayoutRegion1LYR .ui-tabs-panel (2nd from the top of that box).

MLR's do have a fixed size based on the deepest tab that sets the depth of the rest of them, so they will all be the same.
    Well for some reason I do not have a MultiLayoutRegion1LYR I have a MultiLayoutRegion2LYR but will look again. 2 instead of 1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example5..jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	170  
    Last edited by Larry5000; 05-27-2010 at 02:22 AM.

As per my previous posts, the number MultiLayoutRegion1 might change based on how many you've made, so MultiLayoutRegion2LYR is also correct depending on which one you want to change or how many you've made whilst testing, but the principle stays the same. Using my method, it looks like this:
    Attachment 169

I am looking at yours example now ...I just posted an example update on my post above this one

Did you see my example update pic 2 posts up does it look like I am in the right spot? I think I am ....your example looks like I want mind to look
    Last edited by Larry5000; 05-27-2010 at 02:28 AM.

Yes, you are in the right spot and doing the right thing. I tried your example without the top line (see image without top border, although I think it looks better having them all switched on like my first example) but they don't run to the top of the tabs like your original picture, so just also make sure you didn't try putting borders around it whilst playing around. If you've played around too much, I'd delete the MLR you've made and start from scratch and just change the part I've mentioned.

Attachment 171

As much as I dread that idea I may do it just to see if I did do something on the other one. Knowing my luck it will probably be some kind of glitch or something. Nothing likes to work right for me. Seems like I live under one of murphy's laws all the time. If something is bound to go wrong it will.

You can keep the one you've done and create another one so that you can copy and paste the information inside the tabs so you don't have to redo that bit, then delete it.

If you've played around with borders, and it's wrong, it may take you longer to fix than redo.

Remember what I said about if it is bound to go wrong it will. Well I just made another one with no content at all just the box itself, only checked the 3 boxes 2 sides and one bottom and I got the same thing again ..lines stick up above the thin blueish line under the tabs. if I check the top box it puts the top line above the tabs. Got to be something going on, I usually ask myself why me. :-(