Thread: Text styles whose scope is a particular master border?

Question Text styles whose scope is a particular master border?

When I define a text style, there seem to be only two scopes available: page-specific and site-wide. I would like to define a style (or rather, redefine the normal style) whose scope is all the pages with a specific master border, but not any other pages. Is this possible? I'm guessing that because the generated web site itself has no concept of master borders (they're a purely NOF feature), it isn't.

The background of this is as follows: I have two very different kinds of pages on my site, one for browsing and one for printer-friendly text (articles). I have a master border named Printer-Friendly, and I would like all the body text on it to appear in Times New Roman. However, on all the other pages, which have a different master border, I want the body text to appear in Arial.

[No lectures about appropriate font faces, please; this is about style scope!]

Anybody know a good way to do this WITHOUT defining a custom style and applying it by hand on each page?

Hi,

Just create a .css file called PF.CSS and link to that within the Printer-Friendly master border.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EWAdams View Post
    When I define a text style, there seem to be only two scopes available: page-specific and site-wide. I would like to define a style (or rather, redefine the normal style) whose scope is all the pages with a specific master border, but not any other pages. Is this possible? I'm guessing that because the generated web site itself has no concept of master borders (they're a purely NOF feature), it isn't.

The background of this is as follows: I have two very different kinds of pages on my site, one for browsing and one for printer-friendly text (articles). I have a master border named Printer-Friendly, and I would like all the body text on it to appear in Times New Roman. However, on all the other pages, which have a different master border, I want the body text to appear in Arial.

[No lectures about appropriate font faces, please; this is about style scope!]

Anybody know a good way to do this WITHOUT defining a custom style and applying it by hand on each page?
    Masterborders are "areas" of a page not a "thing" so there is no way to address them outside of page view.

If you apply a style or class to something inside of a masterborder it "should" be applied to every page that shares that masterborder.

You "should" be able to define a print only css style for your font.

take a look at this topic http://forums.netobjects.com/showthread.php?6927
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thank you -- that seems to have done the trick. I didn't know about linking in CSS files, but I'm very pleased with the results.