Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Copying Fusion 8 from one machine to another w/o discs

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default Copying Fusion 8 from one machine to another w/o discs

    Anyone know how to get Fusion 8 to a new machine when I've lost my discs? I tried copying the entire directory from old to new but the program won't launch. I've also tried all the compatability settings and running as admin. Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Senior Member gotFusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    www.gotHosting.biz
    Posts
    4,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wstrngrl View Post
    Anyone know how to get Fusion 8 to a new machine when I've lost my discs? I tried copying the entire directory from old to new but the program won't launch. I've also tried all the compatability settings and running as admin. Any suggestions?
    Fusion needs to be installed. that means it needs to have registry entries made as well as being placed in the proper folder location.

    Losing your install CDs is like losing $100 bill........ Unless you find it..... It's gone

    If you purchased on line and downloaded and you can find your receipt you can go back to the web site where you made the purchase and see if they will let you download another copy of your purchase.

    You can try to contact NetO support @ http://support.netobjects.com/ If you regestered the product and they can find your info, you may get them to provide another copy.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default Fusion 8 needed

    Thanks, I contacted support to see if by chance I registered. I don't usually so not hopeful. I know know why it's important to register

    I rec'd Fusion 8 from a hosting company about 4 years ago when I signed up for their service.

    Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    Fusion needs to be installed. that means it needs to have registry entries made as well as being placed in the proper folder location.

    Losing your install CDs is like losing $100 bill........ Unless you find it..... It's gone

    If you purchased on line and downloaded and you can find your receipt you can go back to the web site where you made the purchase and see if they will let you download another copy of your purchase.

    You can try to contact NetO support @ http://support.netobjects.com/ If you regestered the product and they can find your info, you may get them to provide another copy.

  4. #4
    Senior Member gotFusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    www.gotHosting.biz
    Posts
    4,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wstrngrl View Post
    Thanks, I contacted support to see if by chance I registered. I don't usually so not hopeful. I know know why it's important to register

    I rec'd Fusion 8 from a hosting company about 4 years ago when I signed up for their service.
    If you received it directly from a hosting company it is more than likely a proprietary copy and can only be used on their servers (i.e. it is NOT a retail copy of the product).

    The hosting company should be able to provide you with another copy of the software as they were the only distributes of it.

    If you are no longer with the hosting company the version of Fusion would not work for you any longer.

    NetO is running a 50% off sale on the latest version if you want to get a retail copy of the product.

    http://netobjects.com/icontact/20100601/
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I'm still with the hosting company but might be a good time to upgrade with the discount. Thanks for the info.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •