Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Master Border on Right Side

Default Master Border on Right Side

Hi - I've been using Net Objects for several years, but I'm new to this forum. I appreciate any assistance I can get here!

I would like to have the ability to put graphics, etc on the right side of my site so that they will appear on every page. The only way I can think to do that would be if I could establish a Master Border area on the right side of the pages.

Right now, I have a master border on the left side under the header image and the menu is displayed there. Is there a way to get the Master Border to appear on the right side under the header image, also?

If not, is there another way to accomplish the same thing?

Thanks,
    Kathleen

Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    Hi - I've been using Net Objects for several years, but I'm new to this forum. I appreciate any assistance I can get here!

I would like to have the ability to put graphics, etc on the right side of my site so that they will appear on every page. The only way I can think to do that would be if I could establish a Master Border area on the right side of the pages.

Right now, I have a master border on the left side under the header image and the menu is displayed there. Is there a way to get the Master Border to appear on the right side under the header image, also?

If not, is there another way to accomplish the same thing?

Thanks,
    Kathleen
    You can establish masterborders at the top, bottom, left, and right sides.

You will find 2 "handles" on the left and right side (to set the left and right side masterborder) and top and bottom (to set the top and bottom masterborder)

Just move the handles apart and anything you place between them will be in a master border.

Here is a tutorial on layout and master border that might explain it better: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=382
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks so much for the reply. Here's my problem:

==I have a header image that is 1020px wide in the top part of the Master Border.
    ==There is a Layout area that is set at 827px wide. If I try to make it smaller, I get an error message saying that the layout must be 827px wide due to "positioning of objects"
    ==There are two handles for the master border on the right side, just past the header image. If I try to move either one or both to the left to provide room for a master border area on the right side of the screen, they do nothing.
    ==The Master Border has a left margin of 193, which allows room for the menu. The right margin is at zero, and I can't make it any smaller than that to allow room for a Master Border area on the right under the image header.

So, I've read the info you provided a link for, but I'm still not able to figure out how to get this done. Any other ideas?

Thanks again!
    Kathleen

Thanks so much for the reply. Here's my problem:

So, I've read the info you provided a link for, but I'm still not able to figure out how to get this done. Any other ideas?

Thanks again!
    Kathleen
    You can directly enter MB margin size on the MB properties palette.

go to any page and press F10 to bring up the MasterBorder Properties palette.

Enter your margins on the palette (see screenshot)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MB-margins..gif 
Views:	598 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	206
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

Thanks again. The thing is that I don't want to move the master border out past the main content area - so that the right border would be out beyond the header image. I want it less than a zero setting, evidently, because at zero, it is right at the end of the header image.

The left setting of 193 allows the menu to be left justfied with the header image. So, if I wanted the right Master Border to hold things to be right justified with the header image, is there a way to do that? Can you set the right margin at a negative number?

Thanks again. The thing is that I don't want to move the master border out past the main content area - so that the right border would be out beyond the header image. I want it less than a zero setting, evidently, because at zero, it is right at the end of the header image.

The left setting of 193 allows the menu to be left justfied with the header image. So, if I wanted the right Master Border to hold things to be right justified with the header image, is there a way to do that? Can you set the right margin at a negative number?
    You have to shrink the content in the main layout.

Start selecting objects and reduce the size of them by dragging their handles to make them narrower. You will have to do this on each page

As an alternative you can enlarge the size of the header image to fit your design requirements

Here's a screenshot of the Design I'm using. In View mode, the menu is visible. I want to put something on the right side under the header image. There is nothing on this page which is using its own named master border. If I want to put something on the right where you see the box, and have it appear on all pages, how do I get a Master Border there?

Or, can the master border on the right only extend beyond any object on the page? Is it impossible to get a master border in the place indicated? Who wants a master border extending beyond the width of the website? If you want something on the right, you'd want it under the header so that all other elements of the site were within the width of the header image. Sorry to be so obtuse, but I'm still stumped.

Name:	NetObjectsScreenS&.jpg 
Views:	590 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	208

Hello Kathleen,

you can use a master border on the right side but you will have to divide your banner picture. Your banner cannot stretch all the way from left to right. One part of the banner will have to be placed on top of the right master border. In your case this should be easy to implement because you don't seem to use a horizontal nav bar.
    Last edited by barbara0701; 06-11-2010 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling mistake :-)

Barbara - Thanks so much!!! That's just the answer I need, I think. I'll try splitting the header image. Thanks again.

Hello Again,

I split the header image and created a master border on the right side. The problem I'm having is that, as you can see in the top image, there is a line between the two sections of the header. Then, when I did a local publish, that gap got even wider, as you can see in the bottom screenshot.

Guess I'm still doing something wrong?

TIA - Kathleen

Name:	NetObjScrnsht2..jpg 
Views:	562 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	217