Thread: Catalogue and e-commerce

Question Catalogue and e-commerce

Hi, first post here and novice.
    I am trying to make my store using Fusion Essentials 7.5
    Can i create categories to divide my stock items? I read the user guide and Getting Started but am puzzled about finding the solution i need?
    What i am trying to do:
    Creating a store dealing with electrical items, divide the items in "families" (ie relays, controls, instruments etc)
    I wonder if i have to add several "catalogs" and point them all to my e-store?
    Any tutorial i am missing?
    Thank you
    Franco

Quote Originally Posted by franco_oz View Post
    Hi, first post here and novice.
    I am trying to make my store using Fusion Essentials 7.5
    Can i create categories to divide my stock items? I read the user guide and Getting Started but am puzzled about finding the solution i need?
    What i am trying to do:
    Creating a store dealing with electrical items, divide the items in "families" (ie relays, controls, instruments etc)
    I wonder if i have to add several "catalogs" and point them all to my e-store?
    Any tutorial i am missing?
    Thank you
    Franco
    It sounds like what you want to do exceeds the capacity of the component.

As a work around you can make separate pages to hold your "families" calling each page by the family name (ie relays, controls, instruments etc). By having an independent page that is an index of the others you can create breadcrumb navigation on the "store" pages by creating a unique masterborder to hold store pages that only show the breadcrumb the navigation will take you through the store and back to the index. Bit of a kluge but about your only option.

You should look into a proper store/cart application.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks GotFusion, so i guess i can still design the webpage with essential but use a different package to create the catalog? As i am getting the hang of using netobject, shall i buy the full version? On full version is the catalog more powerful? Sorry for the *novice* questions hey

Quote Originally Posted by franco_oz View Post
    Thanks GotFusion, so i guess i can still design the webpage with essential but use a different package to create the catalog? As i am getting the hang of using netobject, shall i buy the full version? On full version is the catalog more powerful? Sorry for the *novice* questions hey
    The only purpose of this forum is to ask questions

Essentials is at least 8 years old now. there have been many newer versions released so YES going to the newest product will be light years ahead of what you are using.

NetO is running a 1/2 off special on the latest version if you want to get a copy. http://netobjects.com/icontact/20100601/
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

but the ecommerce stuff was never increased in the later versions - it still has the some features as the first version

we work on a shop which can be included in nof seamless - all products are managed in a database, this keeps your nof project slim
    http://www.konzept8.de/shop/shop.php (works with any other nof-style or own style) - english version will be released soon

php is needed - 1 database is needed - available for nof11

have fun - paby