Thread: Content showing thru submenus

Default Content showing thru submenus

Hi,

I changed Site Generation to a Fixed Page Layout to solve another issue. Now, the content of the website is showing through the submenus that are flying out to the right.

I'm using a menu generator from OpenCube. Never had this problem before.

Any ideas on a fix? Appreciate the help.

Kathleen

PS - The other weird thing is that when I create a new page now, the "Center in Browser" option is grayed out. Is there a way to get around that?
    Last edited by kathleen; 06-14-2010 at 11:38 PM. Reason: New problem

You shouldn't have to use Fixed Layout, that will cause other issues. I saw the other problem you were having. Any chance the template could be uploaded for us to have a look at, or Private Message it to me. To create a template, open your file in NetObjects and then click FILE>EXPORT AS TEMPLATE>ENTIRE SITE then name the file and email that ZIP file. Don't tick the "Include Remote Publish Profiles" if you post it here, but if you don't tick it, you will just have to retype in your web host information for publishing.

Andrew - Thanks so much for the help. I didn't mean to cross post - I thought this should go under a new issue, but I understand what you mean. I will send a template to you.

Appreciate the help!

Kathleen

Man, I'm going nuts. I went back to the file and discovered that it must be something with the test page I made, because I changed the Site Generation back to Dynamic, and the active pages seem to be working OK. How embarrassing.

It also fixed the problem of the content showing through the submenu.

Now, the only problem I have is that I moved the left margin of the Master Border to the right to look right with the Fixed. Back in Dynamic, it's too far to the right. However, I can't move the left margin number to make it smaller to move the Layout area to the left.

I think if I can get this problem fixed, I'll be in business and won't update the site any more!! :-)

Thanks for any help on this one.

Kathleen

Offer is still there if you need it.

Andrew - thanks for your offer. I sent you the template, you identified the problem, and I'm back in business. Thanks so much for all your time.
    Kathleen

Default Fixed Layout

Is there any way to fix this problem without switching from fixed layout?? I like using fixed layout so I can layer objects, but I'm having the same problem with the menu. I did *not* have this problem with the menu prior to installing updates for NOF10. I have a pretty big site, and I would hate to have to change the layout (and content!) on so many pages...

Quote Originally Posted by Technology Ideas View Post
    You shouldn't have to use Fixed Layout, that will cause other issues. I saw the other problem you were having. Any chance the template could be uploaded for us to have a look at, or Private Message it to me. To create a template, open your file in NetObjects and then click FILE>EXPORT AS TEMPLATE>ENTIRE SITE then name the file and email that ZIP file. Don't tick the "Include Remote Publish Profiles" if you post it here, but if you don't tick it, you will just have to retype in your web host information for publishing.