Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upload failure

Default Upload failure

I cannot upload an update to my web site. NetObjects Fusion 8 enters the 'generating page' state, reaches 100% then states 'opening FTP connection' then after a short while states 'file transfer complete'. However, nothing is transferred (the progress bar does not move from 0% before the message 'file transfer complete appears'.

I am completely at a loss as to how to proceed and would be extremely grateful for any help/advice offerred.

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I cannot upload an update to my web site. NetObjects Fusion 8 enters the 'generating page' state, reaches 100% then states 'opening FTP connection' then after a short while states 'file transfer complete'. However, nothing is transferred (the progress bar does not move from 0% before the message 'file transfer complete appears'.

I am completely at a loss as to how to proceed and would be extremely grateful for any help/advice offerred.

Many thanks.
    What do you have set in the "Directory" box in remote publish settings?

What is the URL of the web site?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post

Many thanks.
    I am using NetObjects Fusion 7.5 and am having exactly the same problem as Frank.It appears to generate and then transfer the pages but nothing appears on the web site - in fact worse than that - the site that is now available on the Internet is an older version than the one that was there before I tried to update the site.
    I've gone step by step through the process several times and nothing has happened - like Frank I'm completely at a loss as to what to do next.
    Can anybody help me??

Thanks

Just wondered if there was any body out there!
    I was hoping to have had some response to my post by now...my poor website is looking pretty sad and I need to get it fixed.

Come on guys....give me some help

PLEASE!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deryn View Post
    Just wondered if there was any body out there!
    I was hoping to have had some response to my post by now...my poor website is looking pretty sad and I need to get it fixed.

Come on guys....give me some help

PLEASE!!!!!!!

Do you have passive mode set on?

NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post

Do you have passive mode set on?

Thanks for coming back to me - hopefully these answers will help you to help me.

In the Publish Site dialogue box under Publish files to - it says 1and1

I'm not even sure what or where the passive mode is so I doubt I have it turned on!! If you can point me in the right direction I can always go and check again. I have uploaded versions of this site before and wasn't aware I'd changed any of the settings between then and now.

The URL is: www.thesittingscribe.com

Good luck and I hope you find the root of my problem (it's probably operator error!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Deryn View Post
    Thanks for coming back to me - hopefully these answers will help you to help me.

In the Publish Site dialogue box under Publish files to - it says 1and1

I'm not even sure what or where the passive mode is so I doubt I have it turned on!! If you can point me in the right direction I can always go and check again. I have uploaded versions of this site before and wasn't aware I'd changed any of the settings between then and now.

The URL is: www.thesittingscribe.com

Good luck and I hope you find the root of my problem (it's probably operator error!!!)
    The passive mode option is on the advanced palette in publish settings (see screenshot)

IF this does not fix your problem you will need to contact your web host
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	passiveMode..gif 
Views:	309 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	256  
    Last edited by gotFusion; 07-02-2010 at 11:08 AM.

Ok I checked the privacy settings (thanks for the screenshot) and the box is ticked.
    Is this correct?

Mike is suggesting that you try that checkbox both off and on and that if it still doesn't work, you verify the correct publish settings with your webhost, which appears to be 1and1. In particular, you'll need to make sure you're using the correct Publish Directory.

Default I cannot upload either

Hi everyone.

I have NetObjects Fusion Essentials 7.5 - just downloaded and installed three updates today (which has messed me up, but that's a different problem).

I made a mistake when designing the front page recently and couldn't fix it so I just redid the entire website. NOW, though, I cannot upload the new site. It says it has published everything, but the old site is still there.

Going back to the original post in this thread, let me answer these two questions:

What do you have set in the "Directory" box in remote publish settings? (Empty)

What is the URL of the web site? (uufortwayne.org)

I tried the fix with the Connect Passive Mode and it did not work. I didn't have this much trouble when I first put it online back in April - I could use your guidance.

Thank you.

Peacefully, Kirsten
    Last edited by uuwebgal; 08-16-2010 at 05:31 PM. Reason: More information