Thread: Photo sizing issue in Galleries

Default Photo sizing issue in Galleries

Hi all - first time poster so plz forgive any lack of protocol. I have been using NOF 7 for a site with a lot of photos in a lot of galleries for 5 years. When I open NOF I now often find that many thumbnails and photos are wrongly sized, e.g. large photo for thumbnail and small thumbnail for photo, or some thumbnails large and photo also large, some thumbnails OK and photo also a thumbnail. Only way I have found to correct is to delete the photos and then add again, but with many long captions and galleries with typically 50-80 photos this is very time consuming.
    One other issue - I purchased NOF10 some time ago and hoped to be able to update the site into NOF10 but it does not appear backward compatible. Anyone any experience with this?
    Thanks for any advice,
    Misken

You're correct, NoF is not backwardly compatible. If you've opened the site in v10, then it's now a v10 site. If you want to see how it opens in v10 without losing the earlier version of the site, export the site to template first, then in v10 go File>New Site from template and open the exported zip file. Your original v7 file will still be intact. It's also wise to optimise the site and delete any unused assets b4 exporting to template.

Quote Originally Posted by Misken View Post
    Hi all - first time poster so plz forgive any lack of protocol. I have been using NOF 7 for a site with a lot of photos in a lot of galleries for 5 years. When I open NOF I now often find that many thumbnails and photos are wrongly sized, e.g. large photo for thumbnail and small thumbnail for photo, or some thumbnails large and photo also large, some thumbnails OK and photo also a thumbnail. Only way I have found to correct is to delete the photos and then add again, but with many long captions and galleries with typically 50-80 photos this is very time consuming.
    One other issue - I purchased NOF10 some time ago and hoped to be able to update the site into NOF10 but it does not appear backward compatible. Anyone any experience with this?
    Thanks for any advice,
    Misken
    Hello Misken,

Sometimes there can be some odd sizing variations if there is a mix of landscape and portrait type images in the gallery. Also, some photo gallery styles may resize in set dimensions. You can resize thumbnail images as a group in the thumbnail page view by selecting an image and dragging the handle or by using the properties palette. You can resize individual images in the detail view (use the arrows to navigate through the stack).

For further information, please check out our user guide under chapter 14, creating photo galleries.
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Hello Misken,

Sometimes there can be some odd sizing variations if there is a mix of landscape and portrait type images in the gallery. Also, some photo gallery styles may resize in set dimensions. You can resize thumbnail images as a group in the thumbnail page view by selecting an image and dragging the handle or by using the properties palette. You can resize individual images in the detail view (use the arrows to navigate through the stack).

For further information, please check out our user guide under chapter 14, creating photo galleries.
    Thanks for replies guys,
    NOF7 seems to have a mind of its own at times! The galleries certainly do have a mix of landscape and portrait, but they always have. When a thumbnail appears where a photo should be it cannot be resized. Moving through the stack and some photos cannot be resized and some can, whether landscape or portrait.
    I just opened up a gallery to try all this and it was fine in Gallery view but individual photos were mixture of thumbnail / proper size. I closed program without saving changes and opened it up again - gallery view gone haywire again with large thumbnails in first row???